cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there are a lot of Fake Jobs

478d7c54
Ken E Member Since: Apr 13, 2018
21 of 28

Totally fake jobs.  I have sent over 30 jobs that were posted within 30 minutes. 80% of those have received less than 5 proposals...I have sent proposals that say I will do the work for free as part of a research project....NOT ONE RESPONSE?  Fake.  Totally fake. When saying the same thing on other job sites and always get multiple responses.  FAKE jobs.  Don't spend your money.  

roverup
Ace Contributor
Trevor C Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
22 of 28

Yeah you really have to rush to apply for new jobs. These days if more than 8 hours have passed I assume I won't get it unless I'm very qualified - then I'll submit a proposal just in case their initial hire doesn't work out. I just wish that there was some incentive for clients to decline proposals. I'd really appreciate some feedback regarding why I didn't get the job but I realize it's not practical for them to do that for like 20-50 seprate proposals. But if the new pricing does cause proposals to drop then perhaps now would be a good time to change the process a bit. 

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
23 of 28

My biggest complaint right now about the new system is the fake amounts clients are putting up and then we have to bid 6 connects to find out if the post is legit or not. $5000, for example, is actually a perfectly reasonable amount for a logo for someone of high quality, and a legit bid would probably be $1500-$5000 based on the skills of the person. But then what the client actually wants it for could be like $100 so we have to bid 6 connects only to find out the client never wanted quality and just stuck up a random placeholder bid. This makes the new system a bit ridiculous. 

One person even just put up a job for $1,000,000. Now I never bid on those things but what are they willing to pay? Anywhere most likely from $100-$5000. Who knows lol.

I personally like bidding on the bigger jobs that are real and the $5000, for example, could be legit and something decent like a $2000-$5000 job, or it could be they want it for $100 and now I gotta spend 6 connects to find out. They can still sound very serious and have a great post but still want it for $100 even though it is up for $5000. 

shekay
Shekay H Member Since: Apr 2, 2019
24 of 28

I saw 4 connects for a $20 job.

emanicom
Eva M Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
25 of 28

You are so right about the Fake jobs. I recently was contacted by a client that wanted to meet on hangouts. I do not every message on another system. And I stated that to the client, who quickly cut contact with me. However, that cost me 4 connects to find that out. Even with all my guidelines, I use to help me find legit posts, I still get jobs that will sit for months without the client's response. I have started going in after 30 days, withdrawing my proposal and stating it is an unresponsive client. Does anyone know if that affects the client's rating?

wontone9
Ace Contributor
Saju G Member Since: Mar 6, 2016
26 of 28

Hi

Yes this is a real serious problem. I am thinking we should have some score system similar like the freelancers having. 

shekay
Shekay H Member Since: Apr 2, 2019
27 of 28

1-2 years ago, I don't need to use up all my connects and got good amount of jobs. Lately, clients ask for more and more connects to submit a proposal. I would say an average 4-6 connects. This month  I paid 2 times for buying connects. I'm seriously thinking about switching platform. There is something wrong in here.

resultsassoc
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
28 of 28

"The point is there are a lot of the Fake jobs and when i said fake i don't mean spams, i mean these jobs who still open and you can send a proposal but the client already hire a freelancer."

Mahmoud, there are many reasons jobs go unfilled. I responded to a job post seeking a high-powered management consultant for three months; in the "getting to know you" conversation I solved the problem in less than an hour. Some clients post on several platforms. I used to respond to highly complex programs and would only do so after finding out if the skills I needed existed somewhere at an affordable rate.Sometimes projects are canceled. Sometimes the poster cannot find an affordable freelancer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS