cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this Upwork Site is a scam

Paul L Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
1 of 5

they auto upgraded my account and will be billing me $20 a month without my authorization. I'm unable to close my account. There are no intuitive ways to contact support. I better resolve this asap or will be calling a lawyer.

2 of 5

this is what it says when I try to change my membership setting

"Sorry, you don't have enough privileges to manage freelancer membership."

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Paul,

It looks like you have a freelancer, agency and client profiles as parts of your account. You can switch between them by clicking on the round picture in the upper-right corner.

You have upgraded your agency membership to Agency Plus. In order to switch back to the Basic Plan, please follow these steps:

- switch to you agency profile and go to Setting > "Membership and Connect"

- Click "View or edit membership plan"

- Click "Change to basic plan"

Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
4 of 5

why was I auto-upgraded to the premium? This happened initally, right when I signed up? Also I was not even able to get to the membership tab (it said I did not have permission when I clicked on the tab). I was magically able to get into it now. I've changed to the regular membership and it says it'll be renewed on the next billing cycle and it appears that there's an outstanding balance of $20? not a pleasant way of transitioning.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Paul,

Although you have downgraded already, it takes action in the beginning of the new cycle. We will issue a refund to you for the membership that you cancelled.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS