cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

three 5 star feedback, but total 4.62. why?

chikuse
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
1 of 20
Has this happened to any of you? I just found out that I have only 4.62 points. I'm new here and have completed 5 fixed fee jobs so far. I got feedback from 3 of them with 5 stars. Now my total is 4.62. How did they calculate this?
natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
2 of 20
One of your clients gave you less than 5 stars. If you look in the work history section you will see it. The one about you not being able to agree about the job.
chikuse
Community Guru
3 of 20
It was not there this morning when I checked. It says no feedback given earlier. That's why I posted this here. Yes, that was the client I mentioned in another thread. I didn't get on-time feedback, and we agreed on one thing but after I delivered they said they'd need something else. Didn't feel like I should move forward with that job, so I asked them to terminate the contract and not to pay me, but they paid anyway. How can I get rid of that?
natram
Community Guru
4 of 20
If you refund the client the feedback will no longer appear on your profile. By the way, when a client leaves you feedback, it will not show up instantly on your profile. It may take a few hours or even a day before it appears on your profile.
chikuse
Community Guru
5 of 20
Thanks! Do I need his agreement to refund? Is it possible for him to reject my refund? I actually told him not to pay me when I sent him the email and asked him to end the contract. I didn't know why he paid anyway.
natram
Community Guru
6 of 20
You don't need the client's agreement to refund. Once you refund, neither one of you can reverse it. oDesk will process the refund and your client will receive the amount in his account.
chikuse
Community Guru
7 of 20
Thank you! This is very helpful:)
natram
Community Guru
8 of 20
You are very welcome Jiang! Sorry about the delay in my replies. I am on the treadmill while typing on the cell phone. :-) Here is some information that might be of help in case you want to know more about refunds: How do I give my client a refund? How does oDesk process refunds? Hope this helps! 🙂
chikuse
Community Guru
9 of 20
I've refunded his money. Hopefully, that ugly feedback will be gone soon. Not a happy start on oDesk. Hope I can survive here. Thanks again for all your help, Natasa! Have a great day!
natram
Community Guru
10 of 20
By the way, oDesk is rolling out a new feature where you will have the opportunity to respond the client if you don't want to refund. This feature is not available for older contracts, only the ones that started about a week ago (not sure about the time). If you don't see the respond feature now, you will for the new contracts. This means your response will appear under the client's comment but the rating will not get back to what it used to be. You will keep your earnings and you will have the opportunity to respond to the client's comment.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS