🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: time tracking disabled
Page options
shonamk
Community Member

time tracking disabled

Hi, 

My time tracker app is coming up with an error message everytime I try to track time which says  "Time tracking disabled. Contract is in an invalid state".  I have logged 10 minutes of manual time no problem but would like to track the rest of my time. Please can anyone advise? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shona,

Please click the Settings Cog on your desktop app > Support & Feedback and submit a ticket directly from the app. By doing this the logs will be also included and our team will be able to investigate and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks I have just done this so fingers crossed 🙂 

lysis10
Community Member

An idea - the friggin timezone setting defaults back to UTC I think after the work week is over, so if I forget to change the setting (for real, Upwork, quit that) back to my local time, I will log manual time thinking it's my local timezone but it's UTC, so when I got to log more time, it blocks me. So, I'm wondering if maybe that's what happened here. If so, you got to go back, delete the manual time and put it back where it should be using local time settings.

shonamk
Community Member

Thanks @Jennifer M. I agree the default setting to UTC is very annoying!  I have this same issue whenever logging manual time where I have to remember to change it each time.  On the tracking app however it states that UTC is always the time and I can't seem to even find an option to change it so I don't think that is the problem here but who knows! 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Do your best to avoid booking manual hours. You shouldn't be exposed to potential non-payment by clients because Time Tracker is not working properly.

astepanov83
Community Member

There is another option that is likely help you immediately. Uninstall the Upwork app. Remove folder %USERPROFILE%/Local/Upwork. Install the app again.

If you have time logged, that is not shown in the work diary, it will be lost. If no pending time to report, you can safely do this.

Thanks, I have contacted upwork directly for support as someone else advised but if this does not work soon I will try reinstalling the app as you have suggested next. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths