🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: time tracking solution
Page options
tahoora-ahmad
Community Member

time tracking solution

Hey can we on timer from 2 laptops for one account? Please tell me a solution for this since i have a lot of hourly work and me and my husband work together. If i turn on the timer for one project, i am not able to give time to another project. Im worried, please tell me a solution for this. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
tahoora-ahmad
Community Member

Hey can we on timer from 2 laptops for one account? Please tell me a solution for this since i have a lot of hourly work and me and my husband work together. If i turn on the timer for one project, i am not able to give time to another project. Im worried, please tell me a solution for this. Thanks.

Syeda Tahoora N wrote:

If two people try to log into the same account, then your account will be banned. Your husband needs to get his own account.

Syeda Tahoora N wrote:

Hey can we on timer from 2 laptops for one account?
Yey, but not at the same time.
Please tell me a solution for this since i have a lot of hourly work and me and my husband work together. If i turn on the timer for one project, i am not able to give time to another project.
Im worried, please tell me a solution for this. Thanks.

4. PROHIBITED SITE USES

• allowing another person to use your account, which is misleading to other Users; or
  • falsely stating that one Freelancer will perform the work on a job when another will in fact perform the work, including submitting a proposal on behalf of a Freelancer that is unable, unwilling, or unavailable to do the work;
  • Duplicating or sharing accounts;

4.2 ENFORCEMENT

We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any potential violation of this Section 4 or any other potential violation of these Site Terms of Use and to remove, disable access to, or modify any content on the Site. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of these Terms of Use or the User Agreement.
4.3 REPORTING AND CORRECTING VIOLATIONS
If you become aware of any violation of these Site Terms or Use, you must immediately report it to Customer Service. You agree to assist us with any investigation we undertake and to take any remedial steps we require in order to correct a violation of these Site Terms of Use.

If a project requires you to work on two separate machines and you need to switch very often (e.g. multiple times per hour) you can track the time on one computer and access the second one remotely. That way you only track time on one machine and don't need to switch.

In the case you describe you MUST create another account and track time independently. The client would have to hire both of you separately. 

If the goal is to build up account history then create an agency and have your client hire both of you that way.

can i convert my this account to an agency? if yes then what is the criteria ?

Hi Syeda Tahoora,

To create an agency account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article. We've created a guide to agencies to help you decide if an agency is right for you. You can also check out this help article to learn more about agencies. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have one more question,, when we bought connects there is an option of promo code,, i want to know what is meant by this? And I have no promo code, how can I get it?

Hi Syeda,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. You may skip this option upon purchasing connects. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

my JSS is 90%, it increased to 90% last weeks but my top rated weeks have not increased.
And the top rated weeks increase every week or only when the JSS updates?
I have attached the screenshot, please check.

Hello,
My top rated weeks used to show 3 out of 16 but now they are 2 out of 16, can you explain why?

It means just that: only two out of your last 16 weeks met the requirements for top rated.

When it said "3 of 16" it wasn't necessarily the previous 3 weeks; it might have meant you were eligible 16, 10 and 3 weeks ago respectively. One week later that becomes 17, 11, 4. Out of that, only 11 and 4 are within the last 16 weeks window.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syeda Tahoora,

Each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. It's important that you don't share your login credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of the Upwork TOS.

You can use a time tracker on more than one laptop but not at the same time.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to stay sincere with upwork since its my job and source of income that is why i asked this question so that i stay away from any violation.
I am very sorry for this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths