🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » total earnings
Page options
christelfarah
Community Member

total earnings

My previous total earnings used to appear correctly, now its less or perhaps rounded off to 10 thousands.  Any idea why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is the way it's been for most of the time I've used Upwork. I was stuck at $100k for about two years, though my actual earnings during much of that time were $180k+. There was a short period where they seemed to be showing actual earnings, but that was the change--it seems they've now reverted to the old system. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Christel,

If you are referring to the total earnings on your Upwork public profile, this will continue to show Total earnings of $10K+ until you cross $20,000 earnings. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Is this a new policy? Something sure changed on my profile, but I can't say for sure when. The earnings are supposed to be of value and shown on the profile. Why are people with less, even a tiny bit less than 20K being penalized? This is damaging to the freelancers.

If a client looks at my profile, my hourly rate doesn't match the total. Clients will believe I am working for a much cheaper rate.

I sincerely want an explanation. My total has changed.

This is the way it's been for most of the time I've used Upwork. I was stuck at $100k for about two years, though my actual earnings during much of that time were $180k+. There was a short period where they seemed to be showing actual earnings, but that was the change--it seems they've now reverted to the old system. 

Thank you. I guess I was used to seeing my real earnings. I still think the previous system was better, showing accurate information.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members