🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » trouble getting work
Page options
81e97ec8
Community Member

trouble getting work

Hi, I am new to upwork, I am having trouble getting work as a freelancer, can anybody tell me how to use upwork's scouts service? There is a maze of information on this site it is overwhelming at times, thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You're having trouble getting work because you have no experience or skills listed in your profile; millions of people can speak English and Spanish, so it's not a selling point and doesn't mean that you're qualified to work as a translator. You also have no profile photo of yourself (which is actually against the rules), no useful information (clients don't need to know about your hobbies and interests), and your hourly rate is much, much too high for a beginner. There's no chance that you'll be accepted into the Talent Scout program unless you improve.

Yes, there's a lot that you need to learn before you can become a successful freelancer, but you're just going to have to take the time to figure it out, since there are no short cuts. Start by reading the whole help section and watching all of the videos, then work on your profile. Also, read this so that you're not tempted to fall for any scams: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

elisa_b
Community Member

"I can read and write in both english and spanish, very few people can do this" - are you really sure about this?

Please follow Christine's suggestions, that's going to be a significant step forward.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Christine and Elisa are correct. Your profile is nonexistent; you have no portfolio, and your fee is far too high by several times over. You can't expect to earn $80.00 an hour when you first start without experience. There are many freelancers who are fluent in English and Spanish; you need to remove that statement **edited for Community Guidelines** You need to learn the "overwhelming" information before you apply for a job. **edited for Community Guidelines** Only you can protect yourself; no one will do it for you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members