Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

try try try but could not find any job yet :( please help me experts :(

sajidmehmood11
Sajid M Member Since: May 15, 2015
1 of 6

hi

This is Sajid Here from Pakistan, I'm a professional graphics designer. I have 7 Years experience in graphics design. Some one see my designs and  suggest me try your in odesk. im a advance level designer a lot of experince in my work since 6 month i try to get a job in odesk but coudnt find yet. i dont know whats the problm its cover latter i dont understnd i send one of my best samples to client i got a interview but still no answer from client 😞 help me please.

best regards

sajid mehmood

rudiguacena
Ace Contributor
Rudi G Member Since: Jun 6, 2009
2 of 6

Hi Sajid,

You should often check the Graphics Job Board and see what is on demand.

You seem to be good at illustration. Try Logo design, creating Brochures, Flyer design. and designing Infographics. May I suggest that you design more than a handful of pieces on these categories then add them to your portfolio. If you already have Flyer designs on your portfolio, clients will see that you have the skills to work on his Flyer project.

This post is very helpful in getting your first job and you should read it https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Want-to-get-that-first-job-Then-check-this-out/m-p/21457...

cristianadrianf
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
3 of 6

Some employers might ask also language competence, or as the above says you can go ahead and track down the actual trend for your category. IMHO, improving someone's English would skyrocket his/her chances to get a job here, and also another advice is to keep your profile overview as simple as possible, 300 words particularly seems to be a decent threshold.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Welcome to Upwork Sajid!

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center. I also advise reading the best practice advice shared by other users in following threads:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Job warning signs

Untitled
jefframlee
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 6

with 7 years experience, you should probably raise your rate.

try various styles of cover letters. make them unique, humorous if possible. make your cover letters stand out from the rest.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 6

Raise your rate so people don't think you're a beginner at graphics and remove the bad test scores. Also work to improve those other scores that you have. Also send a sample of your best work with every application. You can choose to attach one file so make sure you do and it's applies to the job you are applying to.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS