🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » un paying attention from a client
Page options
ali-khosravi
Community Member

un paying attention from a client

A client (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) accepted me to do a project as **Edited for Community Guidelines**but when I did it, I could not be answered. I could not get my right and my money.

Please consider it. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ali

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ali,

I just checked your account and would like to confirm that a contract was not formed. Please keep in mind that In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. 
I would recommend checking out our resources Here and learning more about Upwork and how to protect yourself. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your email. So what should I do now?
Best regards,
Ali

re: "So what should I do now?"

Absolutely nothing.

Do not do any work for this client.

If you created anything already, do not send it to the client.

Do not contact this client.

Do not think about the client.

Do not try to get paid for this work.

Because you were not paid, any work that you did still belongs to you. You may put in your portfolio or do whatever you want with it.

IF the client contacts you, then you tell them you will be happy to work after they send you an official Upwork contract offer to pay for the work that you have already done, and then they need to pay you for that past work. And then after they close that, they would need to send you another Upwork contract, an hourly contact, to pay for any new work that they want you to do.

You will only discuss further details of the project while logging time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members