🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » unable to buy connects payment was declined
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
civram_5
Community Member

Hello,

I already called them and said that there is nothing wrong with it. I
really want to buy connects now. Pls help

Hi Marvic,

Thanks for following up. You may retry adding the card and use it to purchase connects, or use a different payment method if you can. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
upworkjim06
Community Member

Why am I unable to purchase connects. It shows pyment declined. I got with my bank and even tried purchasing online and everything is okay, but when I try purchasing connects, I am unable to. This is not the first time I have purchased connecs and everything seems fine until yesterday and today.

I could not find customer support contact email address and the chat bot is useless as it doesn't even address the issue. 

Note: I alredy double checked on the payment method and everything is okay on my end

Hi Jim,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
teng0921
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to purchase connects to my account since last week.  I have funds on my card. I kept on getting this message: Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Christine,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
javed-kiran
Community Member

Hi

Hi, I am having problem in purchasing connects. I am from Pakistan I just attached my Visa Debit card with upwork but still unable to purchase connects. what should I do?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kiran.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahernandezops
Community Member

I checked with my bank and they can see every time that I've tried to charge my card. They say that they've approved every request yet I keep getting an error message here. I want to make sure that my connects are updated and that I am only charged ONCE. Please confirm.

The bank doesn't pay until the transaction is reconciled by Upwork. I understand that. But the bank has approved several transactions and my concern is that Upwork is saying they've all been denied. 

I have been unable to find a way to contact Upwork support to discuss this further. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern!

~ Bojan
Upwork

It's been almost 24 hours and nobody has reached out to me yet. I cannot bid on any projects because of this, so I would appreciate some urgency.

Thanks. 

Same here. Could somebody help with the payment issue?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Austeja,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Alex,

I can see that you have reached out to our team via ticket as well. One of our team members will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ahmaad124
Community Member

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmad,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
brittanytara
Community Member

I've been trying to buy connects, when I hit the "buy connects" button it asks for my payment information (which I had already put in prior to this), so I re-enter it and it keeps saying it already has my payment method stored. It never purchases them or takes me to a check out page. What in the world could I be doing wrong? I made extra sure the card wasn't expired and it has funds on it. Thank you in advance!

This actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Have you previously bought connects?
Mine seemed to be somewhat of a glitch. I ended up leaving it for the day, and when I returned the following day it processed my payment.

Hi Brittany,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sujit1717
Community Member

Hi friends,

I am having problems while buying connects throught my debit card. I think many Indian freelancers will be facing the same. Can any body tell which bank card is going to work with Upwork or any way to buy connects. Please help.

Hi Sujit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
190e7939
Community Member

I have tried to add my payoneer mastercard to buy connects. But not approved. I can withdraw to payoneer but can't use payoneer to buy connects. May I know the reason?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should be able to add the Payoneer card as a billing method for purchasing connects, Abu.

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
umarriaz45
Community Member

I have attached my visa card for adding connects but as i entered details and continued it stopped working. So....what i do next. As connects are also not added. Need help. Thank you.  

Hi Umar,

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a similar problem . We hope the support team will solve

Hi Collins,

I checked your account, and it seems like you haven't completed your W-8BEN form yet. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. To provide Upwork with your Form W-8BEN information, please go to Settings  Tax Information and kindly provide us with your legal name and address.

~ Joanne
Upwork
carlreyes14
Community Member

My paypal is verified but does not have an active credit card attached but the system still does not allow me to purchase connects. What can I do to solve this?

Hi Carl,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method for connects purchasing. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My Paypal account is 100% verified.

Hi Carl, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to re-confirm this with the team. Please know that Paypal is not available as a billing method in your location. Please use another billing method to be able to purchase connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork
oninzk
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Good day...

What other billing method you'd mentioned inorder to buy connects on upwork.

Thanks!

Hi Niño,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects please read this help article. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

In such a case, it is always useful to use an alternative payment method.
loise74
Community Member

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Loise,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey I'm also.unable to.buy connects

Hi Hillary,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey. Unable to buy connects. Help me please

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths