🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » unable to withdraw funds
Page options
ffe296fe
Community Member

unable to withdraw funds

hello 2 months ago i did my client work and get paid but now a days upwork is not allow me to withdraw my funds they said your client reversed funds from their bank so you have to give us the refund then we will allow you to withdrawal funds. my question is that if i did my work then why i have to refund money? kindly i request to upwork to do justice with me and allow me to withdraw funds i have a proof of job that i completed thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shehzad K wrote:

my question is that if i did my work then why i have to refund money?

When your client did a chargeback, their bank took the money out of Upwork's account, so Upwork don't have that money anymore. So you now owe that money to Upwork. Once you have paid it or earned enough for your account no longer to be in the red, the restriction on your withdrawals will be lifted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Shehzad K wrote:

my question is that if i did my work then why i have to refund money?

When your client did a chargeback, their bank took the money out of Upwork's account, so Upwork don't have that money anymore. So you now owe that money to Upwork. Once you have paid it or earned enough for your account no longer to be in the red, the restriction on your withdrawals will be lifted.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shehzad,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had and the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and I can see that you're already communicating with our team on your ticket with the number 33454525. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members