Did you mean: 

unfair score from client

kirti-umrigar
Kirti U Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
rachid-ahitass
Rachid A Member Since: Oct 5, 2015
2 of 17

Hi Kirti,

I am sorry to hear that, though I think there's a problem, which consist of a lot of work with no feedback–which may hit You score if it is a pattern–, also try to always share your side of story. 

I hope things get better in the future. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 17

Kirti:

Before you do anything, or respond in any way, tell us what the score was.

And tell us if the client left written feedback, or just a score.

kirti-umrigar
4 of 17

I can't see the score and even don't know how it is calculated. I only can see feedback and rating.

That client did't give any feedbak and rating.

zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
5 of 17

Your lowest rating is 4, with a very nice and positive comment to it - which doesn't seem unfair at all. I'm going to guess your problem is with the many no feedback contracts and low private feedback. 

kirti-umrigar
6 of 17

It might be due to low private feedback.and if low private feedback is considering in counting score then in particular case mentioned, where falut is not mine and client giving bad score then how can i get projects, how can i increase my score?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
7 of 17

Kirti:

There are no "unfair scores" from clients affecting your Job Success Score.

There is a Job Success Score that "you don't like," which is not the same thing as "unfair."

Based on what I can see on your profile page, and in the feedback you have received, I doubt you have ever received any "unfair" feedback from clients.

You do need to learn more about how the Job Success Score works.

The most important thing you need to learn is that a pattern of zero-feedback jobs will lower your Job Success Score.

You need to do some searches and read about this topic in the Community Forum.

And you need to set a goal to not close contracts yourself, but instead, to ask clients to close the contracts.

Don't ask clients to give you good feedback. Don't annoy them by mentioning feedback. But ask clients to close the contracts when they're done.

How can you do this?

Here is how:

I noticed that all your contracts are fixed-price contracts.

As soon as you finish exactly what you agreed to do in the original agreement, then submit the work. Do not ask the client if the work is done and if they need anything else, any changes or anything. When you know it is done, then submit it.

If the client asks for anything else, or asks questions, or asks for explanations, or little changes, then AGREE to do these little things, after they close the contract.

Be VERY POLITE about this:

"Janet:

Thanks for your feedback about the project. I'm glad you will be able to use this. I understand that you would like a new column added with yearly totals. That wasn't in the original project description we agreed to, but if you'll go ahead and release the milestone payment, I'll do that for no extra charge and get that back to you immediately after you do so."

"Janet:

Thanks for releasing the payment. Here is the document with the new changes you asked for. If you'll go ahead and close the contract, then I'll be able to answer any questions you have about the file at no extra cost. Otherwise, if you'ld like to leave the contract open, you can create a new milestone to pay a little extra if you have any questions or need any other changes."

Kirti:

Do NOT use this technique in a way that lets a client demand a bunch of extra work done for free -- work that was never agreed upon. But if the client is asking for small things that go beyond the original contract, you can provide those small things, which require little additional effort on your part, in away that encourages the client to release payment and close the contract.

kirti-umrigar
8 of 17

sorry i replied you yesterday, and the day before yesterday but when today i open this post, my reply was not there.

Anyways, Thanks a lot for the tips but i think you are not getting my point.
sorry for not conveying what i meant to say.

i don't mind about the scores given by clients, you mentioned. i am fine with that.
ok,
https://www.upwork.com/d/contracts/15407476
this is the project i didn't completed due to some issues. i talked with client too about the issue and i refunded money too. and i deleted it from my profile that is why may be you unable to see. but this is there in my contract list. you can see there.

so, can you  tell me about this project? i mean rating, public and private feedback given by client?
and also, can you tell me about the score before this job?

and this is not the main subject, but as you mentioned "The most important thing you need to learn is that a pattern of zero-feedback jobs will lower your Job Success Score.", so i want to know about it.
that, if client is not giving feedback then how score will be calculated? i mean whether zero-feedback is consdering as positive or negative?
because, if there is not any feedback, how can you assume whether it should be positive or negative?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
9 of 17

re: "because, if there is not any feedback, how can you assume whether it should be positive or negative?"

Upwork assumes that a lack of feedback indicates a negative client experience.

Thus, built into the Job Success Score, is a calculation that lowers the score if there is a pattern of zero-feedback jobs.

That's how it works. I know how how it works. Now you know it, too. You can choose one of the following responses to this knowledge:

a) use that knowledge to maintain a higher Job Success Score

or

b) point out that this is unfair

kirti-umrigar
10 of 17

My 2 different questions are confusing you.

let's forget about the zero-feedback.

my first point is:

See this link, for which i post this "unfair score fromc client"

https://www.upwork.com/d/contracts/15407476

can you  tell me about this project? i mean rating, public and private feedback given by client?
and also, can you tell me about my score before this job?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS