🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: unknown device or browser notification.
Page options
dishan_n
Community Member

unknown device or browser notification.

Sometimes when I log in to Upwork, a notification is displayed as "a recent sign-in to your Upwork account from an unknown device or browser". I do not know the exact reason for this.

Could this cause a problem with my Upwork account? Could that be a reason to suspend an account? What is the reason for this? 

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dishan,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that this should not have any effect on your profile. However, If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.

Additionally, It is best to secure your account by resetting your password as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Dishan, 

I would be happy to help. You’re receiving this email because our systems have identified your login as coming from a location, IP, and device that we have not seen before or cannot identify. By sending you a security notification, we hope to keep you notified of all unusual login attempts and help ensure your online safety.

If the login details reported in the email look suspicious to you, secure your account immediately by resetting your password

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dishan_n
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you so much for your reply. I've been working with Upwork for about 2 years now. I love working with Upwork.

I have not received the notification mentioned above often before. That's why I asked you about it. Could this cause any damage to my Upwork account?

Regards,
Dishan

Hi Dishan,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that this should not have any effect on your profile. However, If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.

Additionally, It is best to secure your account by resetting your password as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dishan_n
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you very much for the support.

Have a great day,
Dishan

Thanks sir, yes i am in 

Sir yes it is me. Thanks

arifzilane
Community Member

Hi Dishan, 

1 week ago, I got this notification :bell: when Upwork Refund is given my payment to the client. After that, I changed my password. 

Regards, 

Arif

33d2863f
Community Member

Thank YOu sir

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members