Will L Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
1 of 7

How to unlink facebook account

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 7

Hello Will,

Kindly go to your Settings, choose Profile Settings, scroll down to the linked accounts area and then click the Facebook button. Please see screenshot attached for more information.

unlinkSS.png

Untitled
bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
3 of 7

Yes Ryan but what di I do after I have clicked on the facebook X?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 7

HI Prashant, 

When you click on "x", you will be asked if you want to remove Facebook from your account, as shown below. Please click on "Remove" to remove the linked account from your profile. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 2.35.39 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
jslevenhagen
Jennifer L Member Since: Mar 2, 2018
5 of 7

This isn't working for me. When I click the "X" in the Facebook box, a new tab is opened in my browser, which takes me to my facebook page (instead of offering me the option to unlink the account). Help please. I don't want my personal Facebook page attached to my upwork profile. (I wanted my professional page attached).

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Jennifer,

We weren't able to replicate the issue you're experiencing on your account from our end. Please try clearing your cache and your cookies/unlinking your current facebook account from an alternate browser to see if this resolves the issue. If you continue to be redirected to Facebook instead of seeing a message that is asking "Are you sure you want to remove this linked account from your profile?" then please do reach back out and we will have the support team further assist you with this issue.

~Nina
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
7 of 7

@Jennifer L wrote:

This isn't working for me. When I click the "X" in the Facebook box, a new tab is opened in my browser, which takes me to my facebook page (instead of offering me the option to unlink the account). Help please. I don't want my personal Facebook page attached to my upwork profile. (I wanted my professional page attached).

The Facebook (and all those other little site boxes) are there for Upwork staff to confirm you are who you say you are. NONE of those links will show on your Upwork profile.

And even more importantly, you can't link to any of those sites on your Upwork Profile. Any link on your Upwork Profile or Upwork Portfolio that takes a client to site that allows them to contact you (even if that is via a totally different page on the same site) is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS