🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I deal with the first negative fe...
Page options
zainhassan204
Community Member

---

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moonraker
Community Member

The written feedback is quite damning and you have no TR perk, so I think it's best you refund to remove it from your profile.

Your JSS will still take a hit when you get one. You just need to focus on doing the best you can for new clients to help limit the damage.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
richardrader
Community Member

Well the negative feedback will definately impact your JSS score when/if you get one regardless. You can refund to hide the public feedback though. Its up to you if its worth it. If I got negative feedback on a $60 project I probablly would refund. Is the $60 worth it for you?

Hi Richard, I don't care about the $ really. But I read that the private feedback will still affect the score even after the refund. 

deardipu
Community Member

Zain M,

Case-1: if you keep this long 1.55-star bad review.

• As it is most recent review and you are almost startup here, so you will have hard time to get another project. (Negative point)
  • Bad feedback will be counted on your JSS negatively when you will be qualify for JSS. (Negative point)
  • You can withdraw that 80% amount of 60$=48$. (Positive point)

Case-2: if you refund the whole 60$ money to the client. 

• No other new clients will be able to see any bad reviews on your profile, so it will create opportunity for you to get project. (Positive point)
  • You need to refund entire 60$ amount. (Negative point)
  • Refund will be counted on your JSS negatively when you will be qualify for JSS. (Negative point)

In above both cases JSS is negative point. So we may consider it as neutral. But your jss is not shown yet. So if you get your next projects comparatively higher amount (maybe 200$ or more), by then your JSS will be also good. Because higher amount project plays higher effect on JSS. Moreover, as you are not concern about 60$ refunding, that may not considered as negative. So refunding case-2 is winning with one positive point. 

This is my view, now it's upto your decision. Try to keep good work in future to avoid such kind of situation.

Thank you.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

The bottom line is that your JSS will be affected whether you refund or not, usually for this reason I do not advise freelancers to refund in many cases because it will not save their JSS from falling! Unless the text review is really nasty like in your case! 

You do not want your next potential client to read about the failed delivery or inconsistencies with fonts and colors and other trivial stuff he highlighted! 

--

moonraker
Community Member

The written feedback is quite damning and you have no TR perk, so I think it's best you refund to remove it from your profile.

Your JSS will still take a hit when you get one. You just need to focus on doing the best you can for new clients to help limit the damage.

Thanks, I already made a complete refund. . .

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths