🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scam - Phone Call - 5 Digit Code - Data E...
Page options
pinedao
Community Member

-

-

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for reporting this for us. I have shared your report with our team and the reported account has already been actioned in accordance with Upwork TOS.

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

This is one of the reasons why it is forbidden to exchange contact details before you're hired....

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Oscar P wrote:

This client is highly suspicious. Made me contacted him via email and said he'll call me for an interview. When he said he's going to call me, I got an automated call that gave me a 5-digit code. He emailed me again asking for the 5-digit code that I've got and gave it to him, unfortunately. I think he signed up my phone number into some kind of subscription.

**Edited for community guidelines**

What are you doing? It's not allowed to communicate outside of upwork before hire, and you not only do that, you post about it on a public forum? Why?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for reporting this for us. I have shared your report with our team and the reported account has already been actioned in accordance with Upwork TOS.

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths