Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace Contributor
Soumya N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 20

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 20

I wouldn't try to work with a client after I had reported them to Upwork. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 20

Whether you want to work with the client or not is up to you, as long as you work with them on Upwork there is no danger of being suspended.

Whether you want to work with someone who may or may not have worked out that it was you who reported them, is another question.

If clients suggest working outside Upwork, I explain to them that I only work through Upwork and as long as they agree, don't report. I'd rather educate them than report them. I certainly don't work with people I reported...

Soumya N wrote:

a. How does the above statement make any sense considering the job posting is suspended. Do I work with them or not without risking an account suspension?

b. The client has 3 other job postings that still remain active. Is suspension for circumvention at the job level or account level for clients?

c. Our Message Room still remains accessible. Is this ok?

What makes you think the client was suspended? They probably got a slap on the wrist and had to promise never to do it again.

a) No risk of account suspension (whatever for???)

b) The client is not suspended.

c) Whyever not?

Ace Contributor
4 of 20

Community Guru
5 of 20

Soumya N wrote:

Thank you, Petra. I reported it to Upwork like I was asked to per: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067628-Why-Shouldn-t-I-Pay-or-Get-Paid-Directly-

Yes, but unless Upwork pays me to police their clients for them, I only report when the client is clearly being naughty, rather than innocently or negligently making a mistake.

Soumya N wrote:

So, either I'm missing something or things have changed. 

Chances are the previous client was a repeat offender.

If the current client can hire you on Upwork, they were not suspended.

I still would not work with a client I reported.

Ace Contributor
6 of 20

Ace Contributor
7 of 20

Community Guru
11 of 20

**Edited for community guidelines**

Theoretically and strictly speaking we agree to do so in the terms of service.

Practically I am pretty sure Upwork won't slap us for educating such clients and bringing them back on the site and making them spend lots of lovely money on us.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 20

Yes, I know it's in the terms. That other poster showed me. And I'll say it again -- stupid rule that I'm not gonna do.

Ace Contributor
11 of 20

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS