🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: unresponsive client
Page options
hv2292015
Community Member

unresponsive client

fixed price active milestone but client is not responding. he hasn't contacted me in a week. I'm unable to start the project as he didn't send me the correct link (web page) from where i have to collect the data. what should i do please help. thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
williambernal
Community Member

MS,

Unresponsive (and unprofessional) clients are an unfortunate UW reality.

Not knowing any specifics, I would say in this case the only course of positive action you can take is to contact the UW Help Center and ask them to contact the client regarding their professional intentions.

This may or may not help but you'll be covered in any event.

Please do NOT work for free or deliver any work for free.

Work smart, work safe!

How can I send messages to UW help center??
robin_hyman
Community Member

It's possible the client got sick or has some emergency.  One week isn't a lot of time in a client's world.  Be patient and touch base every week.  Hopefully you'll have the answers you need to start your job soon.

Good luck!

Robin

kat303
Community Member

If the client deposited funds into escrow for this job, all you should do at this time is wait. An emergency may have come up, he may have gotten tied up with something more important and it's summer here maybe he went on vacation.

In the future, before even accepting a job, you should have all the files, links and materials you need. Also you should have information, details, and have negotiated the terms of the contract. If you had that, before accepting the job you could have tested out the link not only to see if it worked, what it went to, and what information there was. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "fixed price active milestone but client is not responding. he hasn't contacted me in a week. I'm unable to start the project as he didn't send me the correct link (web page) from where i have to collect the data. what should i do please help. thanks."

Ms. S:

If you have a fixed-price milestone, but you are unable to start the project, then it means that you (the freelancer) made a mistake.

In the future, do not accept the contract until you have everything you need to complete the project and submit it.

That's what I do.

That way I never need to worry about a client disappearing. I can always do my work and get paid AUTOMATICALLY, regardless of if the client is responsive or not.

Now what should i do in this regard ?? Please help.

re: "Now what should i do in this regard ?? Please help."

Ms S: You don't need to do anything right now.

It has not been very long.

Just be patient.

It is NOT your responsibility to make sure this project gets done if the client has not provided you what you need to do the work.

Do NOT worry about this.

If the client never shows up, then go ahead and close the contract in a few weeks or months... and refund the money to the client.

ok... Thanks for letting me know.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths