🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » unresponsive client
Page options
carmina1989
Community Member

unresponsive client

Hi. My client sent me an offer last friday in which i accepted it. We had small conversations with my client and told me to review about the company. He will send me more details regarding my work. But until now he hasn't replied yet. Upwork sent me an email telling me to start working because i have already accepted the contract. But how can i start not knowing what to do, my client has not yet telling me details of what to do, and also my schedule of working. What should i do?
2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

It sounds like you made a mistake, but that is okay! You can learn from your mistake and not make the same mistake again in the future.

For me, there is no such thing as an "unresponsive client."

I only accept a fixed-price contract when I have all of the information and input files necessary to complete the task. That way I submit the work and get paid automatically if the client does nothing.

I only accept an hourly contract if I have enough information sufficient to do at least ten minutes of work. That way I am certain to get paid even if the client does nothing.

petra_r
Community Member

Michelle Carmina M wrote:
Hi. My client sent me an offer last friday in which i accepted it. We had small conversations with my client and told me to review about the company. He will send me more details regarding my work. But until now he hasn't replied yet. 

You were only hired on Friday. 

Saturday and Sunday are "the weekend" and many, if not most businesses are closed over the weekend.

Depending on where he client is located, it's not even Monday morning yet.

Be patient!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members