🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » unresponsive client
Page options
doinauritu
Community Member

unresponsive client

Hello, on 31st May I accepted a fixed-price contract. I have submitted the work done on 1st June, respecting the deadline, and the client writes me and asks me to do an additional translation on the 2nd June which I submit also. He thanks me on 5th June and since then, I have not received a response. Looking at my contract I see that it is still active and that is money in Escrow. What should I do? continue to wait or request the payment. I am a beginner at Upwork. This is my first translation job.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Doina U wrote:

Hello, on 31st May I accepted a fixed-price contract. I have submitted the work done on 1st June, respecting the deadline, and the client writes me and asks me to do an additional translation on the 2nd June which I submit also.

You should have submitted the work through the "Submit work for payment" function when it was done. That's what it's there for and you'd long be paid by now... You should also not have done an additional translation without there being an additional funded milestone for it.

You can now submit for the higher amount for both both translations, and hope the client approves the milestone. If the client remains unresponsive, you get the funds in escrow (only) 14 days after you submit for payment.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members