🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: unresponsive clients (close the contract ...
Page options
ahmeddizad
Community Member

unresponsive clients (close the contract or just leave it?)

hi freelancers, i'm new here and  I have a question,

i have this unresponsive client, we have a contract and he didn't come back, so the time for the contract has ended,

it was supposed to be a two-week job and we both agreed to start after he provides the necessary files in two days, but he never did, and i messaged him ones and he didn't respond,

so i want to know what's better for my jss close this contract or just leave it alone?

Note : i'ts unpaid contract (o usd)

Best.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:

i have this unresponsive client, we have a contract and he didn't come back, so the time for the contract has ended,

it was supposed to be a two-week job and we both agreed to start after he provides the necessary files in two days, but he never did, and i messaged him ones and he didn't respond,

so i want to know what's better for my jss close this contract or just leave it alone?

Best.

Doesn't matter either way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:

Best.

Doesn't matter either way.

Thank you! For the quick reply

i have another question : what about closed contract with no public or private feedback does it hurt the jss score  ?

Ahmed M wrote:

Thank you! For the quick reply

i have another question : what about closed contract with no public or private feedback does it hurt the jss score  ?

A contract can't be closed without leaving private and public feedback, so that does not apply.

petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:

i want to know what's better for my jss close this contract or just leave it alone?

Neither does any harm (unless you get poor private feedback) but I would not be in a rush to close it, unless it has been many, many weeks. 

it's my first contract, it has about two months now ... 8 weeks i think it's too much.

Ahmed M wrote:

it's my first contract, it has about two months now ... 8 weeks i think it's too much.

Then you might as well close it, but it does no harm open either.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Ahmed,

I won't repeat your message here because I think you know what you asked.

After 4 weeks or so of no communication with a client I send them a message asking them if there is more work to be done. 

If there is no response for another 2 - 4 weeks I close the contract myself and let the client know that I'll be happy to re-start the project (if that's true). The client then has 14 days to leave feedback for me, but I'd guess only about 25% actually do. My JSS is affected only if they do.

I complete at least 30 contracts per year. If I am not pro-active in closing inactive ones then it will appear to potential clients that I am very busy with other clients when I am not. I don't want that to happen.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths