🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » update address / cropped photos in portfolio ...
Page options
kartinkin
Community Member

update address / cropped photos in portfolio section

Hello community!) Something strange is going on with portfolio uploading - some photos appear cropped in preview - why? Also i cannot make a proposal - Upwork asks me to " update address" - what address????

I filled all the forms^ Can you please help to solve this?

7 REPLIES 7
kartinkin
Community Member

Hello community!) Something strange is going on with portfolio uploading - some photos appear cropped in preview - why? Also i cannot make a proposal - Upwork asks me to " update address" - what address???? I filled all the forms^ Can you please help to solve this?

Hi Volodymyr,

Could you please check the size of the images you're using? The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended for thumbnails. For other images, they will be displayed at 690px wide, at maximum.

Regarding your address, please go to Settings > Contact info and fill in your address in the Location section.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea!) Unfortunatelly, this approach does nor work - i do not know why(  I have several horizontal images 2000width x 1300 heigth - and they are displyed perfectly, not cropped.  But vertical image - even with  smaller size 690 width x 1095 heigth - appears to be cropped((

Hi Volodymyr,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3f619f04
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same issue with uploading photos to my portfolio. The pictures are taken verticaly and I'm uploading them with the right dimensions, 1000px x 750px however it's still cropping half of the image. 

Also I've tried to use all templates, and same is happening. 

Please find attached an example. 

Could you please assist? 

Thanks! 

Hi Nikola,

I'm also experiencing issues with uploading photos to my portfolio. I'm uploading vertical photos with recommended dimensions 1000px width x 750px height and it still cropping half of the image. Please see attached how it looks like.

Thanks! 

Hi Ana,

I understand how this is a bit confusing. I believe you're referring to the display image shown before you click the portfolio item, correct? Please keep in mind that what's important here is not the exact image size, but the Aspect Ratio. In this case, you need a 4:3 Aspect Ratio. 

A 4:3 ratio means that for every 4 units of width, there are 3 units of height, creating a rectangular shape. An image sized at 1024 x 768 pixels or 8 x 6 inches fits a typical 4:3 ratio. To check this you can divide the witdh and height and the result should be 1.333... For example:

1024/768 = 1.333...

400/300 = 1.333...

1000/750 = 1.333...

On the other hand, 690px wide is the maximum size the image can be displayed when opening the portofolio item. So in this case you could have a 690 x 1000 px image which would be cut in the preview but fully displayed, as a vertically oriented rectangle, when going into the portfolio item.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members