cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading self portrait

d_mausner
Active

I tried many of the photos on file and all are rejected. They are all different from each other. What is your requirement for photos to be uploaded.

Dan Mausner

4 REPLIES 4
mthornton-cpc
Community Guru

Dan, what error message are you getting? Last week someone had a problem uploading a profile photo and when she tried a different browser it worked. 

All I know is head and shoulders only and no sunglasses.

@Mary W wrote:

All I know is head and shoulders only and no sunglasses.

And definitely no donkey ears through straw hats - or pics that are sideways, upside-down, holding puppies, children, wives/husbands, girlfriends/boyfriends - girlfriends/girlfriends, boyfriends/boyfriends - no mommys, daddys, pretty landscapes, no legs no arms - nothing like that at all. You do have to remember to smile (which one of our mods has consistently refused to do ;)).

(And any day now, yours truly . . . I shall claim seniority . . .)

But read this thread and the blog - which ought to be in the ToS but isn't. (Lots of little rules and regs appear in the blogs but not in the ToS, so you have to watch out for this.)

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/What-are-the-actual-profile-picture-specifications/m-p/2...

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

You will see a notification about what exactly is wrong with the picture you upload. Nichola outlined potential scenarios pretty well. Also, the picture you upload may be too big so you may want to try a picture that's smaller than 5 mb.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS