Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: upwork approved milestone, which I have not completed

kittelrebecca
Rebecca K Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
1 of 2

Hi All,

I hope this is the right place to post my question.

I have a client who asked me to translate a few documents. But due to some problems in the communiation, I didn't do the full job but did only a sample document. I submitted the work and asked the client whether s/he was happy or not.  I claimed only 1/10 of the money in escrow. After that I wanted to complete the other documents.

The client didn't approved (as I mentioned because of problems of communication among us). But after two weeks of the client not responding, UPWORK approved the milestone and released the money, and not only the 1/10 but the full amount of the milestone, which I have not completed. I want this to be reversed! Or alternatively, I would like to refund the client, but my upwork account is empty as the money was transferred onto my bank account without me noticing it. What can I do?

Please advice,

Rebecca

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

Haven't you done the rest of the work in the meantime??

It's that $ 120 one, right?

That contract started back in June, did you only do one tenth worth of the translations since June?

I'm not quite sure what you were waiting for from the client. Presumably you had the source documents to translate. Why didn't you just translate them?

Just translate the rest and send it in messages so the client gets what they paid for.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS