🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: upwork could not find my bank while i ent...
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

637 REPLIES 637

Hi Tania,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding your bank details. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
khantkrupa
Community Member

I am unable to find my Bank IFSC code while adding withdrawal method on get paid.

upwork could not find my bank while i entered ifsc code, adding payment method. what to do? Please HELP!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ashok. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Any update on this, for me the same issue, I entered correct IFSC code and it says

Bank not found
Please check the IFSC code or enter branch address manually

Now what to do, please help me....

Sometime upwork will be unable to find bank after entering IFSC code,
happened to me. So I entered manually IFSC code and address. It works and I
received money in my account. Hope this helps.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navdeep, 

After following Ashok's recommendation, does the issue still persist for you? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same trouble for me. Upwork cannot find my bank from ifsc code. So I manually enter bank name and address but now next button is not coming alive and I can't proceed further. Help pls!

Hi Arunaday,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksander,
I am facing the same issue, couldn't find bank through IFSC code, and can't add manually as Next button is disabled

Hi Abhishek Singh,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I have already checked the article you mentioned, but found nothing.
Also I have confirmed the IFSC CODE it is also correct. BTW I have 2 bank accounts in different banks, I tried IFSC Code for both of them, but neither of them is working. Also I tried to add the branch address manually but NEXT button is always remains in the disabled state.

Thank you

Hi Abhishek Singh,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6f836d4f
Community Member

The problem is not with the bank, the 'NEXT' button doesn't work after entering everything manually. And yes my IFSC code is correct

Hi Shivansh,

Could you please send us a screenshot of the error you are experiencing from your end so that we can check and assist you accordingly? Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there! I am from India. I am unemployed currently. So I do not have any tax related documents. I do have a PAN card and I attached that in my W8BEN tax information page but I couldn't fill any tax related documents cause I don't have any. So can I receive payment (direct bank transfer) in such case? Also I am not able to link my bank. Upwork cannot find my bank from ifsc code. So I manually entered bank name and address but now next button is not coming alive and I can't proceed further. Help pls!

Hi Arunaday,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi I have the same issue for my payment.

Hi Praveen,

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork
b87d7167
Community Member

I am facing the same problem. Upwork could not find my bank while I entered the IFSC code, adding a payment method. what to do? Please HELP!

Hi Abhishek,

Please refer to the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post:

• Please try adding your code and address manually, you will find the option at the bottom right side on the window on your end. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork
sugirda
Community Member

My bank ifsc code is IBKL0001143.
Idbi bank Ltd, Neelankarai

But upwork isn't recognizing this so I am not able to enable payment receipt. Pls helf
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sugirda, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue. I wrote my IFSC number but it is saying bank not found. Please help me, I don't know how to proceed. I have tried everything to set it up but nothing seems to work.

Edit: I entered the details manually and now it is working.

Hi Ishan,

Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You'll see the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also cannot find my bank. I wrote my bsb number but it is saying not found. Don't know what to do.

Hi Vijay,

Please try adding your code and address manually, you will find the option at the bottom right side on the window on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

you can enter manually, it will verify and will get activated.

Hi there,

I have recently created my profile on this platform. While adding my local bank account's IFSC code, i.e. BKID0006313, I am unable to find it here. Please let me know how can I add my local bank account here on my profile.

Hi Sadhvi,

Please try adding your code and address manually, you will find the option at the bottom right side on the window on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'd added bank details manually. It worked, thanks!

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello There,

Upwork is unable to find my bank's IFSC Code. Though the code is correct. Please Help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
asad2261
Community Member

Hello Sir,

The issue still persists. I checked in another browser and also by clearing the cache and cookies of the browser.

Kindly Help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,
Good Day.
I am facing a problem .My IFSC code is correct but upwork can't finde the details .
Due to the problem i am unable to add my bank account .
Please help me .
Regards
Sowvick

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sowvick,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksander, 

I am facing an issue. The IFSC code for my bank is not getting detected and I am not able to complete my payment details. Can you help? 

Regards,
Senthil

Hi Senthil,

If you`re sure that the code you`re using is the correct one, you can add the address manually. For more details check out this Screenshot. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths