Page options
mkrv
Community Member

upwork desktop app does not count time

From Thursday to now I have issues with tracking time,
I unable to track even 10-20 min,

The app take screenshots as usual,
but I don't see them at work diary.
I contacted already Upwork Support and waiting response via email.

Never had issues like this one.
The app doesn't propose me to update to newer version,
it looks like it's the newest version.

App regularly take screenshots, as usually,
but when I click on "Latest screen capture" I see 0 hours today and yesterday!

both counters(per day/week) are frozen.

How can I unfroze it, resync with site, and get counted time from cache?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mkrv
Community Member

It looks like it's working again.
The amount of hours changed, site loaded data, see messages on app.

I restarted Windows and it synced.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Volodymyr,

Please submit a ticket from the desktop app as well because it will include your log. To do this click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

found already that form, but unable to Send message,
because see red message error:
Unable to complete request.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Volodymyr,

Just to confirm, you`re receiving the error you`ve mentioned when you try to send a support ticket from the app? If you haven't tried reinstalling the app, please try it now and let me know if you`re experiencing the same issues. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

"Just to confirm, you`re receiving the error you`ve mentioned when you try to send a support ticket from the app?" 
yes

still the same error;

not sure I have to reinstall app right now, and clear cache,

because I working on hourly based project,
and my screenshots have not loaded to site yet.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Volodymyr,

Thank you for the details. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thank you, waiting for him

mkrv
Community Member

It looks like it's working again.
The amount of hours changed, site loaded data, see messages on app.

I restarted Windows and it synced.

kbruhl
Community Member

I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering if other people have this issue where the time tracker appears to be documenting time and it never gets added. This will randomly happen to me and I went through support once to take care of it. Basically had to download the tracker again and reinstall it (after the tech had me do a couple other things). This has happened three more times since then (a matter of 4 times in 6 months). Downloading and reinstalling always takes care of the issue and my time shows up when I open the tracker again - but it's just sort of a hastle to catch that it's not work, stop what i'm doing, download the tracker again, and reinstall it (Granted it probably took me longer to type this than do all that). It's just disruptive to work flow and wondering if there is a more permanant solution. 

Hi Katie,

I understand how this inconvenience is frustrating for you, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We'll be sure to pass this along to the team.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea.

I just experienced this issue on the time tracker. I have an ongoing contract and worked 16hours last week (as read on the time tracker) but I received the weekly review on my notification today and am seeing 12.40 hours worked. Obviously, over 3hour have been lost. And as usually, this is the invoice (12.40hrs) that will be sent to my client today being Monday.

What's happening, what do I do and how do I recover my lost 3hours)?

Thank you.

Hi Daniel,

Could you please submit a support ticket directly from the app so that our team can review the logs and assist you further? To do this click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths