cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upwork has bad server .... and bad technical support team ... and here is my prove with screen shots

Highlighted
Antonious S Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
1 of 10

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork technical support team is the worst ever ....... i had problem with my css skill test and they didn't solve it ..... the worst freelancing technical support team i've ever seen.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Hi Antonious,

I read the first chat conversation you shared here and see our agent followed our procedure, shared correct advice and helped you access the test, as per your last message. Please follow up on one of the tickets you submitted if you're still having issues with the skill test and our team will assist you further.

Please note that posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication is a violation of our Community Guidelines.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 10

No Sir ..... if you read carecully the second image .... you wouldn't say so ..... cause there was a problem in the test .... and it wasted test time ..... and when the support agent who is called love gave me another link to start again from the begining  it continued from the last question where the exam stopped ..... it didn't even calculate that qustion and started calculating from the next .... i said no problem .... i will continue the test .... but when i stried to continue it stopped after only 17 minutes from the test begining inthe first time.... although the supposed test time duration  is 45 minutes ..... and i didn't even reached to the last question and here is the prove (screenshoot from my profile that says that test took only 17 minutes) ..... Now you Know that i am right ..... would you solve it? ...... i do not htink so...... cause i am already trying to solve it from 5 days with more than 4 agents and they din't do anything.5.png

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Antonious,

Please note that some tests use adaptive testing, which actively calculates the test taker's score and will stop the test after the majority of the questions have been answered, if it calculates that the user can't improve their score by responding to more questions. I see you received a score on your profile and can confirm the test was completed as designed.

Highlighted
5 of 10

I know .... but don't you think that it should caculate problems that happened during the test (including the answer that they didn't calculate when the test stopped first ) and restart the test .... from the begining again .... to be fair .... so it's still your technical team problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
6 of 10

It's not the technical team's problem.  The test is working as designed, as Vlad said.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
7 of 10

No Mam,

that isn't what i am talking about ...... so again (to be clear) .... here is the what happened in order :

1-Server problem happened that caused answers to take more time to be submitted .... and then in certain point the test stooped working at all.

2-I went to upwork help center to chat with one of your agents to try solve the problem .... that agent name was is "love" .... he tried to solve it ... he sent many links to restart the test .... but it didn't work ..... until he sent me the last link that didn't restart the test but it just resumed it

3- i opened the link and found that it didn't start from the last question .... where the test stopped first .... and started from the next question ..... so it didn't calculate the answer of that question (where it stopped).

4-Now according to your test system it calculates wrong and right answers and answer time ..... right? ..... so it calculated the long answer time that were caused because of your server error .... also calculated the unsubmited answer where the test stopped first.... is it clear till now.

5-then i went again to upwork center to try to explain what happened for them using chat ...... to be honest they have done their best according to their authorities ..... agent eden tried to help me but he couldn't because it was out of his authorities area ....... so he returned my problem to technical support team ...... again (to your technical support team ) and he told me that the problem would be solved in 48 hours....... it took them more than 4 days to take their decision ..... and no one sent me a single message during that time ...... so i went again to upwork help center to chat with your agents to see if (your technical team ) solved it or not.

CONCLUSION : this problem wasn't because of the test system ..... it was first your server error , but there is no computerized system all over the world without errors .... so who can solve that errors now..... sure the technical support time who are running this system ...... and they didn't investigate it neither in the right way nor in the specific time (48 hours) ..... and if they did then send me how they tracked the test system problem .... i mean where the test stopped at first time (question number) and the time it took for every answer before stopping ...... and the time the test took after resuming it on the link that i resumed my test from ..... and where it finished./ 

So is it clear for you now? IT IS STILL YOUR TECHNICAL TEAM PROBLEM. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 10

You failed the test. It is doubtful that you would have passed it had you answered that one question, and even if you had, the result would have been "below average" and nobody in their right mind would display a "below average" test result on their profile, as it looks worse than not showing a result at all.

Get over it and retake it when you can, and hope for a better outcome.

Highlighted
9 of 10

it is not the right reply Petra .......if you know how your test system Works so far ! ...... the test system calculates right and wrong test answers and answer time ..... and if your system errors didn't happen ...... it wouldn't give me bad score ..... and it wouldn't stop the test in early questions stage number , so yes that question and the long time for submitting  answers would make big  differnece in my score ...... So it's your problem that you do not Know how your system works.

I do not care for the test score as much as i do for improving your services quality.

Respect.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
10 of 10

Antonious, the system doesn't belong to Petra. Petra is a freelancer like you and me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS