Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upwork payment guarantee - a nice joke

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 34

@sunaram p wrote:

The question is what to do with new clients with hourly projects? You are always at risk of losing the money you worked for in the first week. 

I have logged over 10 000 hours.

I have been paid for every single minute.

patir
Ace Contributor
sunaram p Member Since: Sep 6, 2015
12 of 34

@Petra R wrote:

Good for you. I just want to know about my money.

petra_r
Community Guru
13 of 34

@sunaram p wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

There is no need to get snippy or snarky. If this sort of thing happens to you repeatedly, vet your clients more carefully. Working with a client you KNOW has been suspended on a duplicate account is beyond careless!

It is most likely that Upwork DID tell you why your hours didn't qualify.

patir
Ace Contributor
14 of 34

@Petra R wrote:

@sunaram p wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

There is no need to get snippy or snarky. If this sort of thing happens to you repeatedly, vet your clients more carefully. Working with a client you KNOW has been suspended on a duplicate account is beyond careless!

It is most likely that Upwork DID tell you why your hours didn't qualify.

It is always a good thing to actually read what the OP said. What do you mean I knew that the client had been suspended and I worked on a duplicate account? It was a fresh account.[ And a **bleep** new client.] Then she suggested that we move to a different account after getting suspended. I am not even talking about the work done for the other account. I am talking about the first week I worked for her when her payment method was verified.

Do not go assuming what upwork might have or might not have done. When I said they didn't, don't be over enthusiastic about what I may be lying to you. I know upwork has mods all over this place and they can easily find out the truth. You don't get to start dissing out judgment. 

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
15 of 34

Its like Tiffany said.

They don't come here for advice, they come here to be ratified.

petra_r
Community Guru
16 of 34

@Reinier B wrote:

Its like Tiffany said.

Yeah. I'm right out of ratification tokens for the day. Pats on the back are in short supply, too. I might have 1 or 2 "There, There!" left over.....

patir
Ace Contributor
17 of 34

@Reinier B wrote:

Its like Tiffany said.

i didn't post this for advice. i came here for opinion. mine, upwork and others.

i went ahead and searched the forum. many had the same issue. some got their money, others not.

i just have to pray to my atheist's god before i go with a new client for hourly projects.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
18 of 34

sunaram - If you used Time Tracker correctly and entered memos for the screen shots it takes, then Upwork will pay you if there's something wrong with the clients account. They will only pay you for a certain number of hours. and only pay you up to the point when you got notified to stop working.

So, if this is the case, you need to contact customer support to find out why you haven't been paid yet by them.

patir
Ace Contributor
19 of 34

This is related to my post here 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/upwork-payment-guarantee-a-nice-joke/td-p/327572

I have been told by customer support that I was not paid for my logged hours because the client used fraudulent method to pay for the work. So my payment guarantee was invalid because upwork had to reverse the fund.

Still my question remains, "So what?" Why call it payment guarantee if I am not paid for my legitimate logged hours?

Spoiler
Hello sunaram,

Thanks for waiting.

The Hourly Protection did not apply to your logged hours for this contract since there is a violation of policies. Please note that in cases of fraud, abuse or violation of the User Agreement, the Upwork Payment Guarantee shall be revoked and all monies due to the Contractor may be held and/or reclaimed. This needs to be done since we cannot guarantee the legitimacy of the source of the funds. That is why our team regularly reviews activity on Upwork to ensure a safe and trusted environment for the community.

Regards,
Anecieto
High Value Support | Upwork.com
patir
Ace Contributor
20 of 34

I intentionally created a new post because I want people to know about the real nature of Payment Protection.

It looks like someone is trying to suppress the truth? Someone here afraid of people finding about it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS