Did you mean: 

upwork payment guarantee - a nice joke

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 34

@Samantha S wrote:
It might be something as minor as an expired card

Nope, cards expire at the end of a month, not the beginning, and the contract would have been put on hold before the card expired, so no hours could have been logged on any card that would have been expired by the time the hours would have been charged. In that case no protection would ever be necessary, as no hours can be logged when there will be no valid payment method on billing day.

patir
Ace Contributor
sunaram p Member Since: Sep 6, 2015
32 of 34

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my payment after they determined that I am elligible for payment protection in my case after all.

Lesson learned: Contact support if something like this happens.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
33 of 34

@sunaram p wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my payment after they determined that I am elligible for payment protection in my case after all.

Lesson learned: Contact support if something like this happens.

That is GREAT news!!!

Really happy that Upwork came through for you!

hassanrana
Ace Contributor
Rana Muhammad H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
34 of 34

I am also exactly facing the same situation and got first response as Sunaram P. I am very worried because I am a senior freelancer and followed the upwork payment system correctly, we don't trust the clients but upwork payment system. This is also written on the top of page

Because Upwork Payment Protection adds a level of security to payment processing for hourly and fixed-price projects, allowing clients and freelancers to collaborate on projects with *******PEACE OF MIND******.

Hatsoff Sunaram for your struggle of many days and providing right solution and guidence in my issue.

Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS