🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » user name
Page options
marwa2308
Community Member

user name

Good evening,

I don't have a bank account so i used my brother's then i changed the username to his name but it's not accepted yet so is that a problem? is my account will be banned. please give me an answer i didn't know that i have to use a name

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

@Marwa T wrote:

I don't have a bank account so i used my brother's then i changed the username to his name but it's not accepted yet so is that a problem? is my account will be banned. please give me an answer i didn't know that i have to use a name

Yes it is a problem (obviously)

Your account must be in your own, legal name and you can only use a withdrawal method in your own name.

Cancel the name change request, then open your own bank account or get Payoneer or whatever withdrawal method is available in your location.

bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marwa,

I've escalated your concern to our team and they should be reaching out shortly to help resolve the problem. Please check this article about bank account name mismatch. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

thank you for your reply
so what now i have to change all the informations i really don't want my account to be closed, i had no idea that the bank account should be mine

Hi Marwa,

One of our team members reached out to you via this support ticket and provide further instruction regarding your case. Please, refer to that ticket and follow up guidelines shared by our agent and feel free to follow up here if you need any further assistance. Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

the account at the bank - can be your or your brother's - when you withdraw; your brother has to be the one only because your name is not in his account. Chequing and Savings - many can hold it. Go to the bank with your brother and sign your name. That's it. What does UpWork have to do with work done and paid.

lditomasso
Community Member

If it's a question of your original (payment in order to withdraw from your brother's account) Just add your name to an account with your brother.  You will be able to withdraw. I have 2 other people on my bank account - it doesn't change anything here. You, on your end, add your name to your brother's at the bank. It's perfectly legal. 

thank you Lisa
I  don't have problem of withdrawal from the bank , i'm afraid that upwork won't pay me for my work or transfer money to my balance

aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omar,

I can see that the Customer Support Team has explained to you in detail that per banking and Upwork regulations, we cannot accept your brother's bank account as your payment method. As mentioned above, your Upwork name should match the name listed on the account. 

You may choose any payment method available to you by going to your Get Paid page (Settings > Get Paid), and clicking on the Add Payment Method.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths