🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » want to use an old username
Page options
softscience
Community Member

want to use an old username

I chose a wrong type for my account. I closed that account and signed up again as a freelancer. With my new account, I was able to use the same email address but unable to use the same username which is "**Edited for Community Guidelines**".

I want to use aforementioned username instead of the current one i.e **Edited for Community Guidelines**. What is the solution? It does not matter to me if my new account is deleted and previous one is restored. The only thing I need is to have a freelancer account with username **Edited for Community Guidelines**and email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
LuiggiR

Hi Abdul,

Please note that you have the option to pick your username during the creation of your account, once the account is set up, the username cannot be changed. Additionally, and as a friendly reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Actually, I don't want two accounts. Therefore I closed my previous account then I created a new one. But I am unable to use my preferred username "**Edited for Community Guidelines** " because the system shows it is already in use. Please! help how to proceed?

Hi Abdul,

Once again I would like to clarify that usernames can't be edited or changed. Since your account is created you will not be able to edit your username anymore.
I would also like to clarify that even in the scenario you`ve described, opening a new account is a violation of our TOS. Please be mindful of our TOS, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

please guide what should I do now?

Hi Abdul Wadood,

Since the old account's email address is the same as the email address from this account that you are posting from, we can't reopen it. Please change the email address associated with this account so that I can reinstate the old account. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

You are right, bro.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths