🐈 Community
afifield

wasting connects on jobs that have already hired

Please fix the interviews, # of proposals and hires on jobs. I've bid on some jobs where it says for example, 6 proposals, 0 interviews, and 0 hires, and then right after I bid It says 25 proposals, 4 interviews, 1 hired. Why is the system not showing this info real time? I am wasting connects bidding on projects that someone has already been hired. Sure, its possible they are hiring multiple people, but unlikely. This information is very important in considering what jobs to apply for. 

5 REPLIES 5
dataextract

I am afraid Upwork didnt fix it purposefully.

This has been requested so many times by many of us.

🙂

yeah it's funny it is real time after I bid, but before I bid it doesn't show correctly. This is a huge issue. 

reviacohen

Yes, this can be frustrating. It was one of the first issues I noticed when I started working on Upwork about 3 months ago. I would see completely different numbers for those catagories when opening a job posting on my cell compared to looking at the same posting when logged in on my desktop or laptop.

In certain cases I'll check both just for that reason, even though it shouldn't be necessary! 

david_gregory

@Amanda F wrote:

Please fix the interviews, # of proposals and hires on jobs. I've bid on some jobs where it says for example, 6 proposals, 0 interviews, and 0 hires, and then right after I bid It says 25 proposals, 4 interviews, 1 hired. Why is the system not showing this info real time? I am wasting connects bidding on projects that someone has already been hired. Sure, its possible they are hiring multiple people, but unlikely. This information is very important in considering what jobs to apply for. 

People have been complaining about this for a long time (think months). Upwork says they're working on it but it doesn't seem to be a priority. Unfortunately, this was a useful tool for helping to decide whether to apply to a job or not.

I hope they make this a priority and fix it soon.

@Amanda F wrote:

The bad thing is that now clients have this archive option, when clicking on the X it displays 7 options (the first is “Okay, but not quite right"), when clicking on any of them the freelancer goes straight to the archive tab and is automatically removed from the proposal list.

The freelancer is not even notified (if you no longer see yourself on the proposal list, you know you’re not being considered).

The other thing I don’t like is that invited freelancers no longer show on the proposal list unless they respond. I like to see who the client is inviting.

Upcoming Events