🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » we need extra benefit for freelancer plus mem...
Page options
nazibuddaula
Community Member

we need extra benefit for freelancer plus members

We asking for extra benefit for freelancer plus members. For example plus member batch, first serial for search result, invitation and proposal submit. Lowest fee, lowest connect for proposal submi.

Regards

Nazibuddaula
11 REPLIES 11
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Nazibuddaula,

It's a little hard to understand what you're message is and that may be the reason that you haven't received any responses. Why don't you try re-wording your message with an edit?

It looks like these are your ideas for additional Freelancer Plus member benefits:

1. plus member batch
  2. first serial for search result
  3. invitation and proposal submit
  4. Lowest fee
  5. lowest connect for proposal submi

I think that numbers four and five are reasonably clear, but the first three may not be understood.

Best regards,

Jody PM

Note: By the way, congratulations on your continued Upwork success. It looks like you've been around for a while.

petra_r
Community Member

Jody P wrote:

It's a little hard to understand what you're message is and that may be the reason that you haven't received any responses.

1. plus member batch
  2. first serial for search result
  3. invitation and proposal submit
  4. Lowest fee
  5. lowest connect for proposal submi

He keeps posting barely intelligible (despite the "fluent English" claim on his profile) demands for this, that and the other, generally badly thought out and certain not to be implemented.

1, he means a badge (no thanks!)

2. He thinks plus members should be listed above non-plus members in search results (absolutely not!)

3. He thinks plus members should get preferential treatment when it comes to invites + proposals (absolutely not!)

If we could get all of these things for $15/month, EVERY freelancer would opt in, and then the plus members would have no advantages at all.

Christine A wrote:

If we could get all of these things for $15/month, EVERY freelancer would opt in, and then the plus members would have no advantages at all.

He is not wrong in the sense that the plus membership is dumb and I feel dumb for having it. 

Here is my benefit of choice, if you are on the plus membership you can opt out of the burning flame of likely to be hired soon desire.

Mark F wrote:

Christine A wrote:

He is not wrong in the sense that the plus membership is dumb and I feel dumb for having it. 

Here is my benefit of choice, if you are on the plus membership you can opt out of the burning flame of likely to be hired soon desire.

I would seriously consider paying a $10/month for ONLY that benefit.

Christine A wrote:

OTOH, it might put UW in the black for the first time ever!

Phyllis G wrote:

Christine A wrote:

OTOH, it might put UW in the black for the first time ever!

For a very short time, Elance tried charging freelancers a membership fee in the hundreds of dollars per month in order to have exclusive access to a "premium" marketplace, which only contained clients who agreed to pay a minimum of $350 per project. (Does anyone else remember this?) Hardly anyone - besides me - wanted to pay that much, so for awhile I made out like a bandit and won almost every project that I bid on. It was fun while it lasted. If Upwork ever wants to try that experiment again, I'm in!

Christine A wrote:

For a very short time, Elance tried charging freelancers a membership fee in the hundreds of dollars per month in order to have exclusive access to a "premium" marketplace, which only contained clients who agreed to pay a minimum of $350 per project. (Does anyone else remember this?) Hardly anyone - besides me - wanted to pay that much, so for awhile I made out like a bandit and won almost every project that I bid on. It was fun while it lasted. If Upwork ever wants to try that experiment again, I'm in!

That must have been before my time but I always say if Upwork did something where they charged a high monthly fee but guaranteed good clients that only paid membership people could get to, I'd be down to do it. They would have to do like you said and have higher budgets and charge clients too to keep out the dregs.

Jennifer M wrote:

That must have been before my time but I always say if Upwork did something where they charged a high monthly fee but guaranteed good clients that only paid membership people could get to, I'd be down to do it. They would have to do like you said and have higher budgets and charge clients too to keep out the dregs.

The problem was that hardly any freelancers were willing to pay the higher fee, so it resulted in quite a few projects having absolutely no bids. But I think that it could work if they find the "sweet spot" for charging freelancers - maybe $75 or $100 a month.

Christine A wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

The problem was that hardly any freelancers were willing to pay the higher fee, so it resulted in quite a few projects having absolutely no bids. But I think that it could work if they find the "sweet spot" for charging freelancers - maybe $75 or $100 a month.

Quick how many connects is that...

I would like it but it would likely create a lot of forum whining...all the good clients are only available to the plus plus plus members.

Mark F wrote:

Quick how many connects is that...

I would like it but it would likely create a lot of forum whining...all the good clients are only available to the plus plus plus members.

Oh, plenty of people were tearing out their hair and rending their garments over the unfairness of it all, but it was nothing compared with the eleventy bajillion pages of complaints when Upwork implemented the connects charges. Possibly because there was still an option to not pay for bids if you wanted to continue slogging through the trenches.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths