🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: we need to show online and turnaround sco...
Page options
kriatm
Community Member

we need to show online and turnaround score to clients

Hi, I just watched an interesting Video from the Product Manager on the Upwork Match Team, Hannah Skurnik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8wAYtzCiX

She talked about how the algorithm considers the skill level of the talent and Job success.
But I don't see if there's any consideration for online time and how quick the turnaround time.
I see many job posts looking for a quick turnaround, and my latest job was an invitation from a satisfied client that was looking to finish a job within a specific time.

For example, Facebook showing for the business page to people how they could respond to messages from others.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-08-at-2.52.58-PM

It may help the clients more to finds what they are looking for and also helps to choose the right talent for some projects.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You can already see your response time under "My Stats", and if clients are in a hurry to begin a project, then they can just choose whoever responds to their job post first. But rating freelancers on their turnaround time would be problematic, because freelancers who do quick, easy jobs are obviously going to be able to finish their projects a lot more quickly than freelancers who do larger, more complicated projects.

Christine A wrote:

But rating freelancers on their turnaround time would be problematic, because freelancers who do quick, easy jobs are obviously going to be able to finish their projects a lot more quickly than freelancers who do larger, more complicated projects.

As are those who do quick, low-quality work versus those who take their time to do the job right.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths