🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » weird - lost proposals to newbie
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

weird - lost proposals to newbie

Something very unusual happened recently. I lost 2 jobs in a row for the niche services I offer to an absolute newbie with zero stats and 5 lines on their profile,  and zero mention of any experience whatsoever on one of the requested services. The usual suspects that pitch for these jobs are more or less as experienced as I am and sometimes they win the pitch, sometimes I do.  This person won both proposals. Of course I thought she must have offered to do it like almost for free, only I am a premium member and the lowest offer was not that low, at least not so attractive that as a client I would chose a zero experience person over a top rated member with a very convincing portfolio and proposal. After that, both clients (not related to each other) messaged me to inform me they gave someone else the job and thank me for the proposal, which is also quite unusual in my experience. I know it is a free market and I was also a newbie once etc. But hey, I am also just a human and I admit I was quite annoyed . Anyone would like to share a guess on how this person succeeded in winning over me and the other top rated candidates? 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Polyniki V wrote:

Anyone would like to share a guess on how this person succeeded in winning over me and the other top rated candidates? 

Were the clients also new??? And did the job posts sound somewhat similar?

polyniki
Community Member

No, not new at all. Very legitimate client profiles with quite a few hires each, good reviews, decent pay, definetely not related to each other.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members