Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what Does this mean!

Ace Contributor
Shehab A Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
1 of 6

Good Morning Upwork community

I posted a Topic last week concerning working with a client who has unverfied payment method she told me she has some problem verfying her credit card and told me I will try again and contract was placed on hold after finishing the work So now client does not respond . Unfortunately I get scammed but then I remembered reading that If the client has funded the money in the Escrow and did not respond after after then...then Upwork will automatically send me the money from the Escrow so my question now Is there money in the Escrow right now..check screenshot down Pls? AND if yes, I already subitted work 7 days ago so according to Upwork guidliness it says after 14 days It will automatically sended to me so there will  be 7 days left alright?

Thanks for help

Shehab

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

unverified.jpg

Yes, there are $ 15 in Escrow, but that does you no good.

Until / unless the client verifies their payment method the funds can not be released to you.

You will have received an email telling you exactly that.

Funds from an unverified payment method can only go to one place: Back to the payment method they came from.

Ace Contributor
3 of 6

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your interrest, So know i get scammed no problem ..man can learn from mistakes

so The contract still open how can I close it?

Community Guru
4 of 6

@Shehab A wrote:

Thanks for your interrest, So know i get scammed no problem ..man can learn from mistakes

so The contract still open how can I close it?

Go to the contract and close it, or leave it open and see if the client fixes it.

end contract.jpg

Ace Contributor
5 of 6

IF i End the contract myself will that have a negative impact on my ratings?

Community Guru
6 of 6

@Shehab A wrote:

IF i End the contract myself will that have a negative impact on my ratings?

The client is suspended so the contract is excluded from the metrics, but I wouldn't rush into anything, at the moment it is neither hurting you nor doing you any good, so closing it now would mean there is no chance of ever getting paid, if you leave it open there is a slim chance, so why rush it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS