🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: what about my earned amount?
Page options
rajputyashoda
Community Member

what about my earned amount?

I had confirmed a $600 task with a client in which there was a milestones for each step. For first step task amount was $20. I performed and complete a small task of $20 as freelancer and while this initial task I found there some server issue and when I complete the task client offered me $20 but before I accept the offer client withdrawn the offer with reason project is cancel we first need to solve our server issue then will get back to you. Now How do I get my $20 ?

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yashoda,

I would like to confirm that you had a pending offer only, since you haven't accepted the offer a contract was not formed. 

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract. Once you  have been hired on a official contract you will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. To learn more about how you`re protected on Fixed price contracts check this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

but initially when I bid for the job there was a houly basis task but after conversation clinet offered me $600 fixed price whioch was not on upwork job and he was in hurry to complete his testing step first then after he was suppose to set payment sytem andand time zones. 

Yashoda R wrote:

but initially when I bid for the job there was a houly basis task but after conversation clinet offered me $600 fixed price whioch was not on upwork job and he was in hurry to complete his testing step first then after he was suppose to set payment sytem andand time zones. 

Without a contract there is nothing to pay. You have to read some more about how Upwork works so you won't get explored on a regualar basis. I am sure Petra will come along with her chart.

Yashoda: this is over. There is no $20.

If the client sent you any money without an Upwork contract, you could be suspended. So don't try to get this money.

No he didnot send me money outside. even not responding. he offered me $20 on upwork but that time I was not active on upwork but after sometime when I came online on upwork he withrew the project before I accept it.

Yashoda: You aren't in any trouble with Upwork. You are not going to be in any trouble. So don't worry about that.

You have clearly learned from your mistake and I am certain you won't make that mistake again.

You know that you won't get that $20, but that is okay. The lesson you learned is far more valuable than that.

Yashoda R wrote:

No he didnot send me money outside. even not responding. he offered me $20 on upwork but that time I was not active on upwork but after sometime when I came online on upwork he withrew the project before I accept it.

Some clients know that without a contract, you can't make them pay. So, they let freelancers who don't insist on a contract do the work and then vanish. You have no way to make the client pay now. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths