cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do clients sees when you change proposal terms (before hiring)?

Highlighted
Richard K Member Since: Jan 23, 2019
1 of 5

What do clients see when you change the proposal terms in any way (before they hire)  Do they get a notification?  How do they know you've changed it?   

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 5

Hi Richard,

You can propose different terms until the client makes an offer or rejects your proposal. If it is only a proposal, not an active candidacy yet, you can withdraw the proposal and apply again with a different price. It will cost you two extra Connects. Keep in mind that the client will only see your full rate including the Upwork Service Fee.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
Rick P Member Since: Mar 1, 2015
3 of 5

Hi, i wanted you to clarify your statement

"Keep in mind that the client will only see your full rate including the Upwork Service Fee"

are you saying that if i bid 30$/hour on their project and my profile rate is 60$/hour that the potential client will only see the 60$/hour full rate?

and they wont know that i bid at a rate of 30$/hour

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

Rick P wrote:

"Keep in mind that the client will only see your full rate including the Upwork Service Fee"

are you saying that if i bid 30$/hour on their project and my profile rate is 60$/hour 

Apart from anything else, that would be a super stupid thing to do!

And no, it means the client sees whatever rate you bid (which really, really should not be half your profile rate, ever.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

If you change proposal terms, I would imagine most clients do not notice.

As a client, I do not check and re-check proposals constantly.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS