🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » what does time mean: your contract was suspen...
Page options
tomliuwhite
Community Member

what does time mean: your contract was suspended?

Today I saw one notification from UpWork: Your contract with XXX was temporarily suspended...

Questions:

1, What does this mean?

2, As a freelancer, what should I be aware of or what should I do?

Thanks. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

JIAN L wrote:

Today I saw one notification from UpWork: Your contract with XXX was temporarily suspended...

Questions:

1, What does this mean?

Thanks. 

1. It means there is an issue with your client's account (mostly a failure to pay, especially if the contract went on hold on a Friday UTC

2. Nothing you can do, and all you need to be aware of is not to work on the contract. If it is an hourly contract, check your work diary to make sure you are protected in case the client hasn't paid. For the protection you need tracked hours (NOT manual time) and meaningful work memos that clearly describe what you were working on and decent activity levels.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

JIAN L wrote:

Questions:

1, What does this mean?

Thanks. 

1. It means there is an issue with your client's account (mostly a failure to pay, especially if the contract went on hold on a Friday UTC

2. Nothing you can do, and all you need to be aware of is not to work on the contract. If it is an hourly contract, check your work diary to make sure you are protected in case the client hasn't paid. For the protection you need tracked hours (NOT manual time) and meaningful work memos that clearly describe what you were working on and decent activity levels.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members