🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » what is best greetings example for sending a ...
Page options
rakibkhan90
Community Member

what is best greetings example for sending a proposal ?

Hope all doing fine! 
I have been working here last 2 years and completed 37 projects, and 2 hours ,
It was going fine but In the last 1 month, I have been not invited or not responded to by any new buyer, during this period I have not changed anything even the hourly rate or proposal style,
Just yesterday I changed the hourly rate to 5$ from 10$.
even my JSS rate is now 91% before was 85%-87%. 
just wondering where I am doing a mistake, which part i should improve? and what is the best greeting sentence should i write in first ,,, 

I always write like this 
Hello Mr X 
Hello Mrs X 
Hello Potential client 
Greetings 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
0d482fa6
Community Member

According to my experience. A good greeting have a good experienc. Most of the time I used to call client with his own name by say hi or hello mr xyz. As these are the starting point which impact on client. But at the same time your response rate must be good and the response rate depend on the client feedback your delivery and experience of client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I don't think greeting is such an important factor, of course, you want to be very professional in your approach and greet the potential client with a formal greeting such as you have listed. But what matters is your proposal and how you propose to solve the client's problem! 

Don't be too cheesy and don't fill your proposal with too many "sir" or "ma'am"...

rakibkhan90
Community Member

Thank you for your reply but still i am looking for more suggestions regardign my question

prestonhunter
Community Member

No greeting is best. Don't waste that space.

I have hired over 150 freelancers on Upwork. I don't care about greeting.

loved the professionalism. do work and be straight with your needs.

0d482fa6
Community Member

According to my experience. A good greeting have a good experienc. Most of the time I used to call client with his own name by say hi or hello mr xyz. As these are the starting point which impact on client. But at the same time your response rate must be good and the response rate depend on the client feedback your delivery and experience of client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members