🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » what is better close a contract or let the cl...
Page options
03ff3fc2
Community Member

what is better close a contract or let the client do it

the second time i close the contract and i dont get paid , and  i dont see any earnings in overview

can someone please explain ? what i do when i finish the work

do i should let the client close it ?

2 REPLIES 2
aa15fbb3
Community Member

Whether you should close a contract yourself or let the client do it depends on the circumstances and your agreement with the client. Here are some factors to consider:

1. Client Satisfaction: If you believe the client is satisfied with your work and there are no outstanding issues, you can politely ask the client if they are happy with the work and if they have any final feedback. If they confirm satisfaction, you can then suggest closing the contract.

2. Communication: Open communication is crucial. If you are unsure about the client's satisfaction or if there are any pending tasks or concerns, it's a good idea to discuss this with the client before closing the contract. This can help avoid misunderstandings and ensure both parties are on the same page.

3. Payment Agreement: If you've completed the work as per the agreed-upon terms and milestones, and the client hasn't initiated the contract closure, you may choose to close it yourself. However, if you have any concerns about payment, it's generally safer to discuss this with the client before closing the contract.

4. Review Upwork Policies: Familiarize yourself with Upwork's policies regarding contract closures and payments. Ensure that you've followed the platform's guidelines to protect your interests.

5. Upwork's Payment Protection: Upwork has a system in place to ensure payment protection. However, it's crucial to have clear communication and a mutual understanding with the client to avoid disputes.

If you've closed a contract and haven't received payment, it's a serious concern. In such cases, you should reach out to Upwork's support for assistance. They can investigate the issue, especially if the work has been completed satisfactorily.

Remember, the decision to close a contract can be a mutual agreement between you and the client. Discussing the closure beforehand can help ensure a smooth process and help avoid any payment-related issues.

spectralua
Community Member

If you want feedback then ask client to close contract. If you closing it yourself then client able to leave feedback but not must.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English