cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is pending transaction??

tasnia1832
Tasnia N Member Since: Apr 8, 2012
1 of 13
I'm new on odesk.I did my first job and my client sent me a payment of $4.95. On my profile,it says "Pending Transaction $4.95" but "Balance:$0.00". What is referred by "Pending Transaction" and "Balance"?? I don't have any bank account yet.Does it mean that my payment will disappear after a certain period?? Or I can retain it on my odesk account until I withdraw it?
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 13
Hi Tasnia, Welcome to oDesk and congratulation on your first completed job. The transaction is showing as "Pending" during the standard 6-days security period. After the security period the funds become available for you to withdraw and show as your "Balance." You can withdraw your funds whenever you set up your payment method, they will not disappear. I hope it helps!
~ Valeria
Upwork
avinashkom
Avinash O Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
3 of 13

I have done job before week ago but still balance is $0.00.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

@Avinash O wrote:

I have done job before week ago but still balance is $0.00.

Go to Reports Overview

You'll probably see the funds in "Pending"

Read When will I get paid?

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg

daniel_jolley
Meziah Daniel J Member Since: Sep 1, 2017
5 of 13

How soon until Upwork charges 30% fee for the job, 30% withdrawal feee, and 30 days to withdraw funds? I see that coming. With the ridiculous 6 day 'security' feature in place, I am wondering how anyone survives here at all.

The only 'security' is all the freelancers' money in Upworks bank account gaining interest. It would be impossible to rely on this platform to pay bills because every single transaction is held for 6 days.

The sheer amount of negative feedback this company has online is nothing short of incredible.

Still, I had to come and see it for myself.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 13

Hi Danial,

I can confirm we have no plans  for changing the sliding service fee structure, the withdrawal fees related to different withdrawal methods nor the length of the security period, which is currently five days. We've also confirmed on many occasion previously that Upwork is not receiving interest on funds subjected to the security period.

Lastly, to avoid any delays with accessing your earnings, please take the security period into account when planning your future withdrawals.

Untitled
reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
7 of 13

@Daniel J wrote:

How soon until Upwork charges 30% fee for the job, 30% withdrawal feee, and 30 days to withdraw funds? I see that coming. With the ridiculous 6 day 'security' feature in place, I am wondering how anyone survives here at all.

The only 'security' is all the freelancers' money in Upworks bank account gaining interest. It would be impossible to rely on this platform to pay bills because every single transaction is held for 6 days.

The sheer amount of negative feedback this company has online is nothing short of incredible.

Still, I had to come and see it for myself.

Most of us don't have a problem with the five day security period, because if you do this right, you will have money being released almost every day- from Upwork and other offsite sources. Methinks that if the security period is likely to sink you, you should not be doing this.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 13

@Daniel J wrote:

With the ridiculous 6 day 'security' feature in place, I am wondering how anyone survives here at all.

It's 5 days and I am sure things must be really tough if waiting for your $ 15 or whatever for a few days causes such hardship.

Take a look at the real world where many companies have 30 / 60 / 90 day net terms.

It's also abject nonsense to state that it "would be impossible to rely on this platform to pay bills because every single transaction is held for 6 days" - I don't know about you but I plan my bill paying more than 5 days in advance, and don't have to withdraw every Cent the second it is earned to be able to pay my bills.

gfxproduction
Idris O Member Since: May 18, 2017
9 of 13

Well, you have right, it take too much time in Upwork to get payed as they take a lot of fees from freelancers. so, don't work for free and break the prices give more value to your work and bill for it ! Smiley Wink

tamourk123
Taimoor K Member Since: Dec 1, 2016
10 of 13

can u tell me mam can i set up payment method ot my father accunt number because i have no bank account 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS