what's going on?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Leader
106 Posts

what's going on?

Upwork is looking (and acting) strange

Just checked my proposals list - some boxes are small, some are big...previous and next pages boxes are huge..
earlier I applied for a fixed price job and when I applied my quote was posted as hourly (box had a /hr placeholder and the amount couldn't be seen)

anyone else having these issues?

Community Guru
3,649 Posts

Re: what's going on?

[ Edited ]

Haven't applied today, but I looked at proposals and the Previous/Next buttons are larger than the First & Last buttons. Looks like they made the < > symbols too large. Robot Embarassed

Community Guru
2,449 Posts

Just saw this ... will flag a mod to hopefully come along and explain. I'm so sick of being surprised by the stuff they do.

Screen shot 2017-09-13 at 2.33.53 PM.png

Community Guru
3,649 Posts

[ Edited ]

Evidently, they have people working on the site who've never used it or can't read English or both. Otherwise, something that obvious wouldn't slip through. Robot Sad

ETA: actually, any front end developer with a lick of sense would realize that /hr by itself below the box is odd looking. Cat Frustrated

Community Guru
2,449 Posts

John K wrote:

Evidently, they have people working on the site who've never used it or can't read English or both. Otherwise, something that obvious wouldn't slip through. Robot Sad

ETA: actually, any front end developer with a lick of sense would realize that /hr by itself below the box is odd looking. Cat Frustrated

Yeah, I was just going to ask you what you meant. Aside from the fact that it shouldn't be there, you're right, it looks awful.  This is crazy. If a client posts a fixed priced job, they should not be seeing a by the hour box.

18,713 Posts

Hi All,

I'm checking with the team regarding the issues you pointed out and will update the thread once I have more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
2,449 Posts

Thank you Valeria.

18,713 Posts

The team is aware of this issues and will work to fix them as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
59 Posts

I saw it. Thought it was weird.

Highlighted
2 Posts

Submitting a proposal

Hello

I'm submitting a proposal for the first time. Client has posted a fixed priced project but while submitting the proposal in terms section, I see the hourly rate. Is that how it supposed to work? Do I have to give hourly rate even for the fixed priced project? See the attached screenshot.

I'm sorry this is my first time.

Regards,

Rehman