cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the heck is going on today

mariasu f Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
11 of 32

Same here. Unable to reply to invitations, unable to apply.

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
12 of 32

Same here. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 32

Hi All,

Our engineers are still working to fix the problems. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post an update once the issue is resolved.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Liam O Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
14 of 32

I am having the same issue,

Hope this fix asap.

Colin H Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
15 of 32

Wow. What could possibly be taking so long? Is there any estimate on when this will work again? I'm new here, and this is not a very good first impression.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
16 of 32

@Colin H wrote:

Wow. What could possibly be taking so long? Is there any estimate on when this will work again? I'm new here, and this is not a very good first impression.

Get use to it.. Since the updates it seems like there is always something being worked on. 

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
17 of 32

So we gonna get dinged on our JS and our response time since we can't respond to invitations in a timely matter?  Smiley Frustrated

I don't think I've ever seen a site that I use just about everyday go down as much as Upwork. It's very frustrating. 

Josef M Member Since: Mar 27, 2015
18 of 32

I already told them before. This is happening because Upwork don't have the best developers to manage their system and servers. If Upwork developers had to manage Google servers, Google would be down. The truth always hurts.

Just now my client canceled a project worth $2000 because upwork was too slow for him. He didn't want to wait 15 secs to load a page, he's a busy businessman. If you want a proof, i can give a screenshot of his email. I just lost $2000, but Upwork is losing millions.

Here is another truth and Upwork don't know this. We, freelancers, don't exclusively use Upwork/Odesk. We use many platforms for freelancing and we know the best platform. And Upwork, you're not the best. When problems like this happen, many freelancers suggest their clients to use the best platform.

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
19 of 32

The site is very slow and I can't open it.  And I saw my connects 0 also. 

Too much slow

My clients waiting for my reply..screenshot_896.png

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
20 of 32

@Khadezatul K wrote:

The site is very slow and I can't open it.  And I saw my connects 0 also. 

Too much slow

My clients waiting for my reply..screenshot_896.png

I was just about to post the same screenshot. Half of my messages have gone (including recent offers) - no matter how I try to open them (message center, all my contracts etc.).

And when I open the message center the top navigation bar disappears. On top of this site having been incredibly slow and patchy for the past 12 hours. I just tried to log in and was redirected to the log in page over and over again.

I also received an invitation from an established client asking to contact them on private email only as most messages sent through Upwork got lost...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS