🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » where is live chat support? I can't find it.
Page options
mshakil12
Community Member

where is live chat support? I can't find it.

Hi, I've used live chat before but today (July 7, 2020), I can't find it. Have they discontinued it due to covid-19? And when will it be back?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
zoeadel
Community Member

Live chat is still alive and well!

You'll find it here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us 

Bottom right - 'chat' with the bot and ask to speak to someone.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
zoeadel
Community Member

Live chat is still alive and well!

You'll find it here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us 

Bottom right - 'chat' with the bot and ask to speak to someone.

Thanks for your reply! I saw that bot option but it has some pre-defined replies and when I type a custom message below and try to send it, the sending button is disabled by default. What could be the reason? And how can I get a human response from that chat bot feature?

Hi Muhammad,

Feel free to share more details here or via PM (if private details are involved) and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply. I got the solution. When I type a small message, I'm able to send it and when I type a long message, it doesn't send because there is a charactyers limit. So, I sent my messages in pieces and able to talk to a human. Thank you!

Hi there i want to change my location from pakistan to uk and when i did it it ask me for driving license but i have brp and other documents which are not being accepted. Kindly guide me know to submit documents other than license.
Many Thanks

Hi Wajid,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Muhammad S wrote:

Thanks for your reply! I saw that bot option but it has some pre-defined replies and when I type a custom message below and try to send it, the sending button is disabled by default. What could be the reason? And how can I get a human response from that chat bot feature?

It's grey. If you click on the grey arrow to the right, it sends your message.

Whoever designed the UI, clearly didn't know that a grey button means "disabled"

What is your question? It's usually as quick to get a response in the forum.

Thank you for your reply. I got the solution. When I type a small message, I'm able to send it and when I type a long message, it doesn't send because there is a charactyers limit. So, I sent my messages in pieces and able to talk to a human. Thanks!

vmarathe
Community Member

It seems live chat is no more available now!

Upwork fam please advise.

Thanks!

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team.

Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community, too, and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Member

Same, I also noticed a week ago that the live chat option had disappeared for me, when it always used to be there. I will check again later and see if it's back.

Upwork has millions of users. It doesn't actually want everyone with a question to use live chat support, as that costs money, to pay for personnel.

Upwork would prefer that users first search its Help documents and Community Forum threads for answers, and if one can't find an answer... post a question here in the Forum. That saves resources. Frankly, the help one can find in the Forum is very good... better than customer service one will find on most websites.

e74a530b
Community Member

My name is Mark Paul, a 2nd year college taking up Bachelor of science in Business administration. I've always been fascinated by people, and my passion is to work with people who are passionate about their work and strong enough to conquer the battle. I was truly inspired by knowledge and abilities even since.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members