cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to upload id verification documents?

Highlighted
Nafiz M Member Since: Aug 12, 2016
1 of 61

Hi,

I want to verfify my upwork account but can't find any place where I can upload them. Please help me with the place where I can upload my documents and verify my upwork account.

Thanks

Nafiz

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
2 of 61

Please check your email Inbox associated with Upwork and you will get the link there. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Patty N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
3 of 61

I can't find the email with the link.  Can you just send me the link?

Thanks, Patty

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 61

Hi Patty,

In order to complete the verification process for the ID verification badge, please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification and click on the Get Started button

Start this verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and then proceed with meeting with us for a short video call.

If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ayomide Joseph A Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
5 of 61
I can't find the link or the "Get started button anywhere in my profile"
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 61

Hi Ayomide Joseph,

Once your account is eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with us for a short video call. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Danis K Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
7 of 61

Greetings!
I push "Get Started" button, but still see now way to upload an ID. How do I do that exatcly?

Best regards, Danis

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 61

Hi Danis, 

You should have been redirected to a window where you can upload your ID. Before you try it again, could you please try clearing your browser's cookies, and making sure that your pop-up/ad blockers are not blocking the Upwork website. Let us know if the issue persists and our team will assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
ESTEBAN V Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
9 of 61

Hi, I'm also needing some help. I tried to upload my drivers license and it wouldn't accept it. Now when I try to apply for job it says, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." Yet that link doesn't help me in anyway to solve the problem. Can somebody assist me with a like to try again with the cookie issue or what are my next steps?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 61

Hi ESTEBAN,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS