cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to upload id verification documents?

Nafiz M Member Since: Aug 12, 2016
1 of 53

Hi,

I want to verfify my upwork account but can't find any place where I can upload them. Please help me with the place where I can upload my documents and verify my upwork account.

Thanks

Nafiz

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
2 of 53

Please check your email Inbox associated with Upwork and you will get the link there. 

Ace Contributor
Patty N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
3 of 53

I can't find the email with the link.  Can you just send me the link?

Thanks, Patty

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 53

Hi Patty,

In order to complete the verification process for the ID verification badge, please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification and click on the Get Started button

Start this verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and then proceed with meeting with us for a short video call.

If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ayomide Joseph A Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
5 of 53
I can't find the link or the "Get started button anywhere in my profile"
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 53

Hi Ayomide Joseph,

Once your account is eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with us for a short video call. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Danis K Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
7 of 53

Greetings!
I push "Get Started" button, but still see now way to upload an ID. How do I do that exatcly?

Best regards, Danis

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 53

Hi Danis, 

You should have been redirected to a window where you can upload your ID. Before you try it again, could you please try clearing your browser's cookies, and making sure that your pop-up/ad blockers are not blocking the Upwork website. Let us know if the issue persists and our team will assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 53

Hi Nafiz, 

Please go to your Settings > Contact Info, and you will immediately see a link on top that is requesting for your verification documents. Please click on the link and submit the necessary documents to complete your verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
Nafiz M Member Since: Aug 12, 2016
10 of 53

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I didn't find the link there. However, can you please let me know that is it possible to cancel name change request. I requested name change few months ago but now I don't want to change it. What should I do now?

Thanks

Nafiz

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS