🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » More than 5 weeks- can't access my profile- n...
Page options
shehabelabnoudyy
Community Member

why I can not access my own Profile? BUG!

why I can not access my own Profile? I recently was trying to upgrade my portfolio, I have gone through this new stupid steps of changing my portfolio according to the newest Upwork updates of Custom and Classic looking Portfolios and these stuff.. I changed one thing in my portfolio and then clicked done after going through the steps and all of the sudden I can not access my profile anymore,

its says ( sorry something went wrong), on the other side,when I try to open my profile when not logging into my account it works! Anybody helps please!

8 REPLIES 8
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Shehab,

I checked and got the same error so I'm going to have a support ticket created for you so we could investigate this further. You should get an email notification about this shortly.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
shehabelabnoudyy
Community Member

Are there anyone experiencing the same problem? I can't view my own profile, "Sorry, something went wrong." message appears every time. Everything else (e.g. Messages, Reports) is working fine. Is that a bug or is there something wrong with my profile? I've aleady checked the UW Status page, and the site seems to be working ok. *Tried Safari, Firefox, Safari and whole other system using diff wireless router and still the same not for about a week. I CONTACTED the support system and they told me they passed my problem to the technical support and since that day I did not hear from them.. REALLY NOW! Upwork is considered one of the biggest freelancing platforms out there and can't solve such a small problem.. This is really sick!

Hi Shehab, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. Please know that the team is investigating this further so that they can resolve the issue. I will follow up with the team so that they can update you the soonest once they have more information about the issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shehabelabnoudyy
Community Member

Hi,..
I really can not describe how I feel towards what is happening to me..but its around 3 weeks now and upwork has not even solved the bug which states: Sorry.something went wrong.
Which in fact is a bug ftom upwork's bad system that does not allow me to have access to my profile neither my clients or my new potential clients, and my states page as well, I made a ticket and contacted them more than 3 times now and guess what..STILL HAVE NOT SOLVED THE BUG! THIS IS REALLY BAD .. Anybody from the gurus please help!!

Hi Shehab, 

I understand how not being able to access your Upwork profile is such an inconvenience, and I apologise for this experience. I have followed up with the Technical Support Team so that we can give you a more concrete update on your support ticket. 

Rest assured that the team is continuously investigating the case to resolve the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery for following up, but I really did not get any any updates at all , is that really hard for one of the biggest freelance platforms in the world! The bug started also decreasing my JSS 2% then another 8% (knowing that I only work with my old long term clients--we've been working now for months), I hate complaining about JSS specially that I have been through massive setback before and no one helped except me being dedicated and hard working, I tried to avoid every thing that can cost cause me any set backs and now here we are the bug is affecting my score again for no real reason. That's is really BAAAD

Hey,
I'm facing serious problems for more than 5 weeks now as my profile says (smth went wrong) I can not have access to neither my profile nor my status page and who ever clients sign in and try to hire me he can but getting into my profile he also can't....I contactd the support more than 151252532 times,I opened another ticket as it seems like the Technical support team are not looking into my case, is it that hard that they can not fix the code bar or the bug issue causing it, please let me know what to do i opened a second ticket but now someone wants to close it, to avoid duplication, but it's becoming too annoying now, its now more than 5 weeks stucking in that situation. I need a serious solution now please!!

Hi Shehab,

Could you please try accessing your profile again and let us know if you still experience the issue? Our engineers made some adjustments and the issue should be fixed now.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths