cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: why I didnt get hired

Highlighted
Reham M Member Since: Nov 8, 2015
1 of 16

I am joing upwork for almost 2 weeks , I have applied for alot of jobs related to my experience But I haven't got any interview invitations or any messages  , please i need help to know what is the problem

Regards,

Reham

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 16

You shouln't include any link ( FB page in your case ) in profile overview . It's against UpWork's ToS . 

How about adding few more items in portfolio and taking few more skill test related to your expertise ? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Corey H Member Since: Sep 14, 2015
3 of 16

@Delwar this is a litlte misleading as links aren't inherently against the ToS. Just contact info. A facebook page kind of falls into a grey area, because the way facebook is structured, it could either serve as contact info or with the 4k+ likes showing your work outside of upwork to strengthen credibility. Anyone have some more insight in this particular instance?

As for landing gigs, it's always harder in the beginning, because people take a risk at hiring someone without feedback. Start out by looking for smaller committments, and make effort to stand out in your proposal and you should be good. And I thought I saw Microsoft Office tests available via the site, and I'm positive that there's a social media marketing test. Why not take a few of those to back up your claims?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 16

Facebook is not a grey area when it comes to profiles. You are allowed to give those sort of details to an interested client, but it is against the ToS to have any direct contact links publicly displayed.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
5 of 16

@Corey H wrote:

@Delwar this is a litlte misleading as links aren't inherently against the ToS. Just contact info. A facebook page kind of falls into a grey area, because the way facebook is structured, it could either serve as contact info or with the 4k+ likes showing your work outside of upwork to strengthen credibility. Anyone have some more insight in this particular instance?

You are not allowed to add a link that contains or leads to your contact information either.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Linkedin-reference-in-profile/m-p/113134/highlight/true#...

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/A-couple-of-questions-about-Upwork-mysteries/m-p/113911/...

and further down Valeria verifies it here

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/A-couple-of-questions-about-Upwork-mysteries/m-p/113978/...

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
6 of 16
This widget could not be displayed.

I have seen freelancer profiles with several links that lead to external websites with the freelancer's articles. This is not a direct contact info. However, if the full name is available on the profile already and on the articles as well, it is very easy to get in touch with this person outside of Upwork.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Corey H Member Since: Sep 14, 2015
7 of 16

Good to know about facebook. A personal profile seemed completely obvious, but an unrelated FB business page not so much to me. Since a saavy internet user could track down 95% of Upwork users with a reverse image search or location specific keywords, I thought intent would play a bigger role.

Highlighted
Chandresh L Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
8 of 16

What about company website?

I am working on a company website and the website will also have example of my work like demo websites. Becuase Clients can not have idea of expertise I have by looking at screenshots they sometime ask live demo.

And Company Website will have contact information and other social links.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
9 of 16

@Chandresh L wrote:

What about company website?

I am working on a company website and the website will also have example of my work like demo websites. Becuase Clients can not have idea of expertise I have by looking at screenshots they sometime ask live demo.

And Company Website will have contact information and other social links.

In this case, you can provide your company website (demo) to the client during the interview phase. Either way, though, you cannot post the link to your website on your profile or overview as it is against Upwork's ToS. Once your proposal is accepted by a client and the interview process has started, or when you are responding to an invitation to interview, only then can you provide your website. 

Highlighted
Waqar A Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
10 of 16

I also face the same problem the Reham M faces eventhough I have taken 2 tests relating to my expertise and have updated my portfolio as well.

could you please help me

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS