Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: why I didnt get hired

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 16

@Waqar A wrote:

I also face the same problem the Reham M faces eventhough I have taken 2 tests relating to my expertise and have updated my portfolio as well.

could you please help me

You need to fix your profile, it's atrocious. Your overview says nothing and is partly copied and pasted from the Internet.

Your title is "author" and you claim to have fluent English skills yet your whole profile is full or mistakes

That profile "photo" must go - you need to use a real photo of yourself, not a dreadful avatar.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 16

@Waqar A wrote:

I also face the same problem the Reham M faces eventhough I have taken 2 tests relating to my expertise and have updated my portfolio as well.

could you please help me

Your schooling is LOL. So you got a Masters before you got a Bachelors. You studied for 3 undergrad diplomas for physical chemistry, engineering and applied math. Then, the same year you decided to get a Masters in Education but also during your Masters studies you decided to get a Bachelors in Teaching... this one though will take you 4 years.

And, with all of that higher level education, the only skills you can claim on your profile is MS Paint and Microsoft Office.

OK.

People who see your profile just see "Yeah buddy. I was born at night, but not last night."

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
13 of 16
This widget could not be displayed.

@Waqar A wrote:

could you please help me

Your profile is a joke and not reflecting the experience of a real person. Why should anybody trust and hire you? 

Highlighted
Chandresh L Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
14 of 16

@Reham M

1. I saw you in your portfolio you have  "Facebook data entry" misspelt. if you are applying for data entry you should correct spellings at least in your portfolio.
  2. Your profile is your advertisement page. So you want to keep it as professional as you can. I suggest to edit the last line "Shoot me an email today" to something like "Please initiate conversation to help me understand your business needs and possible solutions." let them choose if they want to send email or upwork message.  
Ace Contributor
James T Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
15 of 16

1. Profile has to be right - crucial. If you have errors in that, grammatical errors and spelling errors on the very platform that sells you then you have fallen at the very first hurdle.

Your profile has to be a fair reflection of you and your abilities. If you say you are an author then you should be able to form sentences nd spell correctly (I don't mean to sound harsh but this is rule No.1)

TIP - You could become a client and offer what you have written on your profile to be edited and proofread in return for a star rating ( i would do that)!

2. Somebody has already said its tough at first and they are correct.  You need to do jobs to get ratings, you need ratings to get jobs. Catch 22. However there are jobs on here that you could do with your eyes closed, standing on your head. These are the jobs tto take at first. You won't get paid much at all, nut you get the 5 star ratings and these are the most importaant at first.

Make sure you take your time at first, don't rush. Get it right.

Bear in mind that you don't really have many monthly connects so its even more important to choose those first jobs wisely. Jobs you know you can do.

Once you have ratings your confidence grows and you can then gert more adventurous with your job searches.

Don't be down, I guarantee many, if not all freelancers found it tough at the very beginnning.. Chin up, fix that profile and choose wisely.

Highlighted
Yuvaraj V Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
16 of 16

Hi, I have good reviews and verified from elance.  

1. I did bidding many projects. But All are expired , No Awarded anyone.  Some clients have payment verified and good reviews from elance.  Why Projects are simply expired I dont know. May be clients are not interested in Upwork? OR Working Outside?.  

2. Here Many projects are below $20.  There is not fixed minimum buget.  If below $20, upwork fee and payment process fee then how much earn to my Home.
3. When I transfer fund to paypal, Paypal is also charging separately.
Please solve these issues soon.

Thanks.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS