cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why Not getting job in odesk?

Abdus J Member Since: Dec 16, 2014
1 of 5

Dear all

Someone help me. I'm new to odesk. I'm an expert in wordpress. I also pass wordpress test also some other. But applying to 50/60 job I’m not getting job and also any response from any client.

Please someone tell me what wrong in my profile? Why buyer not contacting me? What should do?

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 5

Hi Abdus,

Look around you and read. The answer lies right in front of you Smiley Happy

(if you don't get what I mean, freelancing is not for you, just being honest).

All the best!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
3 of 5

A another so called Wordpress Expert who got 52 percentile on the Wordpress test.

I would say there is probably another 100,000 plus contractors on oDesk that do Wordpress. 

Sure do data entry if you want to master the universe for $3 dollars per hour forever....

My advice is: spend 2 hours per day learning something new so you can offer a greater range of services in the future at a higher rate.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Yeah... I agree with John.

If all you have to offer is that sort of WordPress "expertise," then you should just give up now.

Let me elaborate on what John suggested:

Learn something new, but don't do so randomly.

You have total access to see what kinds of jobs are being posted on oDesk.

Look for what clients are asking for, for which there are relatively few respondents. Learn THAT. There aren't a lot of jobs for THAT, but there are VERY FEW contractors who know how to do THAT. The secret here is: you could learn THAT in just a few weeks!

Learn THAT, make a few projects using THAT, and post those to our portfolio. Then offer to help clients with THAT.

And, no, I'm not going to tell you what THAT is, but I can tell you that there are at least 100 different technologies and skills that match THAT description.

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
5 of 5

Focus on your cover letter. The cover letter will be the difference between an interview and a rejection.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS